IGNORED

NBA Thread

Makar

Talk about all things NBA here. 

For starters, who does everyone think will win MVP this year? 

Any surprises in the playoffs or matchups you’re interested in?

personally the heat really surprised me. I did not think they’d whoop up on the bucks like they did and then continue that into the knicks series. And I think lakers warriors will be super fun to watch. That might be a 7 game series. 

2 hours ago, Makar said:

personally the heat really surprised me.

Why? The Heat are a great organization. They have plenty of players with playoff experience and are 3 years removed from the NBA Finals and continue to make playoff appearances. Most will say "Oh, but it was in the bubble" when talking about the Heat in 2020, but they never say that about LeBaby's ring he won that year.

Celebrate Nba Playoffs GIF by ESPN

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Why? The Heat are a great organization. They have plenty of players with playoff experience and are 3 years removed from the NBA Finals and continue to make playoff appearances. Most will say "Oh, but it was in the bubble" when talking about the Heat in 2020, but they never say that about LeBaby's ring he won that year.

Celebrate Nba Playoffs GIF by ESPN

It’s easy to Monday morning quarterback. Before the playoffs started, bucks and Celtics were the favorites to win it all. The heat aren’t bad. It was just surprising how much they dominated one of the favorites. 

10 hours ago, Makar said:

It’s easy to Monday morning quarterback. Before the playoffs started, bucks and Celtics were the favorites to win it all. The heat aren’t bad. It was just surprising how much they dominated one of the favorites. 

Yea, led by Spo, so surprising on how his teams succeed.

psh GIF

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Really now? They were down Butler and still managed to make it a great game. It's a shame they also had the refs playing for the Knicks lol

Refs certainly didn’t help the last two minutes. (Shot clock and that bogus 4 point play) But what about those 5 off rebounds they gave up eventually leading to a hart 3? That stings. NY will split in miami

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Refs certainly didn’t help the last two minutes. (Shot clock and that bogus 4 point play) But what about those 5 off rebounds they gave up eventually leading to a hart 3? That stings. NY will split in miami

Glasses No GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

I wish I had editing skills, but the last two minutes felt like anything the Heat did, foul. You dribbled? Foul. You tried to block? Foul. You stopped running? Foul.

• Haha 1

Spo is a good coach there’s no denying that. I think it’ll be a good series. Clearly Butler being back will greatly benefit the heat. 

in other news, the lakers warriors series should be great. I didn’t see lakers winning game 1

• 3 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

@docile tapeworm vs @Mega Tank is the weirdest same-team fan rivalry ive ever seen. Sexiest too. 

Please tell me you both are marlins and lightning (panthers?) fans too. 

Panthers are Miami area, whereas the Lightning is in Tampa.   Refuse to call it Tampa Bay.

20 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Panthers are Miami area, whereas the Lightning is in Tampa.   Refuse to call it Tampa Bay.

I realized that after lol. Just realized its Weird that a tropical-ish state has a few hockey teams. Prob not a lot of kids playing pickup on the local pond during winter. But so does Cali and we don’t either so…….

Specifically since I was referencing the fact that they are both Dolphins and Heat fans. 

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I realized that after lol. Just realized its Weird that a tropical-ish state has a few hockey teams. Prob not a lot of kids playing pickup on the local pond during winter. But so does Cali and we don’t either so…….

Specifically since I was referencing the fact that they are both Dolphins and Heat fans. 

It's not exactly widely advertised that the Panthers are in the Miami area, so if you don't normally follow the NHL you may not know where in Florida they are.

At least people show up to your California hockey games.   Tampa has no issue, but during the season the Panthers are about half full, with most being fans of the visiting team.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

@docile tapeworm vs @Mega Tank is the weirdest same-team fan rivalry ive ever seen. Sexiest too. 

Please tell me you both are marlins and lightning (panthers?) fans too. 

In order:  Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, Panthers. It's a hard drop off after the Heat since I haven't really cared much for Marlins since the name change and then dropping that turd of a deal on the stadium and the way they just never create an actual team for the long haul.

Don't confuse me with @docile tapeworm our opinions can greatly vary. It's very hard to not be excited for this season for the Dolphins, even with such a hard schedule.

Anyways, back to the NBA Heat in 5! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

It's not exactly widely advertised that the Panthers are in the Miami area, so if you don't normally follow the NHL you may not know where in Florida they are.

Yea, it's our state animal. Also, they are located in Broward County. The Dolphins games are broadcast with views from the beach etc but the stadium is actually in a rough area about 30 min from the nearest beach depending on traffic! lol