IGNORED

NBA Thread

Makar

27 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I'm not sure how many times I yelled to get the ball away from Bam tonight lol

Here's to hoping Herro comes back well enough to deal some damage. Heat need another scoring option. Also Butler needs his ankle to recover as much as possible. Hard to count out the heat, unless you are @Makar 😆

7 minutes ago, O.G. CIB said:

If Herro comes back I don’t suspect he will start…. You can’t get this far and mess up the rhythm. I do suspect vs Denver they go back to Love starting 

I pray spo tells herro “sorry kid we come all this way without you and we’re rolling.”

i said we need 20 10 from bam but 30 from Martin will work! Martin made huge shots for us tonight and played as good as jimmy for most of the series.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

I'm not sure how many times I yelled to get the ball away from Bam tonight lol

Here's to hoping Herro comes back well enough to deal some damage. Heat need another scoring option. Also Butler needs his ankle to recover as much as possible. Hard to count out the heat, unless you are @Makar 😆

I will say I don’t think heat will beat the nuggets. Nuggets in 6

The Nuggets are such an amazing team, I can't see how the Heat win unless the Nuggets are extremely rusty (or if there are injuries).  This series showed how inconsistent Bam can be and there will be no answers for Jokic in the paint.  Heat played extremely poor in the paint overall this series, way too many turn overs and botched shots, not to mention getting slaughtered on the boards in general.

Having said that, the Heat are a pretty good 3 point shooting team so if they keep those falling then they have a chance to compete at least.

And last point, yes Martin was easily the MVP this series can't believe they gave it to Butler.  Martin was consistent every game in his minutes and Butler did not play well in game 5 or 6. 

4 hours ago, Makar said:

I will say I don’t think heat will beat the nuggets. Nuggets in 6

3 hours ago, O.G. CIB said:

Heat in 6 if they somehow win game 1. 

Heat in six they get game 1 like @jonebone said nuggets been sitting on the couch eating Cheetos for two weeks. 

bam has to show up. And we can’t get killed on boards.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Fuck joker in the paint. Heat gonna have to go old school and rough him up. Dude literally looks like a pillow. Wish the nba still had enforcers only way to slow down joker is foul him hard every time he attempts a shot. If he isn’t a little bit scared he can just play free.

Nah, he's legit now. I'm a Lakers fan so I watched a lot of that series, and I watched when he got destroyed in the bubble a few years back.  Back then he was bullied around and looked soft.  He's matured now and there's no big in this league that could rough him up at this point.  

You can find that Jokic gif when he ran over Markieff Morris a couple years ago when he was on the Heat.  He's the perfect mix of strength and finesse sadly.

6 hours ago, jonebone said:

Nah, he's legit now. I'm a Lakers fan so I watched a lot of that series, and I watched when he got destroyed in the bubble a few years back.  Back then he was bullied around and looked soft.  He's matured now and there's no big in this league that could rough him up at this point.  

You can find that Jokic gif when he ran over Markieff Morris a couple years ago when he was on the Heat.  He's the perfect mix of strength and finesse sadly.

Well shit. I still say hammer him everytime.

heat in 6. Bam works jokie cause hes coincidentally not scared of him and wins finals mvp.

@jonebone to hell with this jokic guy. Get up in his grill! Foul this dude when he goes into his shooting motion. And hit him hard. It doesn’t have to be dirty. “Foul him fair” when this dude goes to shoot, hammer him. Wear on him. Keep him out of his rhythm. Dude is soft! They just let him do whatever he wants. They are just letting this dude score 30, 40 points. Soft ass defense. Jokic will just waltz in to the paint literally like 6 feet away from the rim and he almost turns the ball over because he can’t even believe there is no defense. At least make him earn it at the line. 

this dude is the best player in the league?! 😂 that’s embarrassing.

like Murray is making tough shots. Give that dude props. But this jokic guy? 🤣😂 Gtfoh.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 12:23 PM, docile tapeworm said:

@jonebone to hell with this jokic guy. Get up in his grill! Foul this dude when he goes into his shooting motion. And hit him hard. It doesn’t have to be dirty. “Foul him fair” when this dude goes to shoot, hammer him. Wear on him. Keep him out of his rhythm. Dude is soft! They just let him do whatever he wants. They are just letting this dude score 30, 40 points. Soft ass defense. Jokic will just waltz in to the paint literally like 6 feet away from the rim and he almost turns the ball over because he can’t even believe there is no defense. At least make him earn it at the line. 

this dude is the best player in the league?! 😂 that’s embarrassing.

like Murray is making tough shots. Give that dude props. But this jokic guy? 🤣😂 Gtfoh.

I find Jokic annoying to watch as well.

All he does is draw contact and flop around. He creates the contact by taking off balance and weirdly times shots... so I'm not a big fan. 

On 6/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm just here to witness the Heat fan emotional rollercoaster 

It was tough one to go through. As a HUGE fan of The New Raptors I was really hoping they could make some moves against Denver in the Finals.... 

Unfortunately, not so much. Jimmy Butler gotta hustle on D. Bam Adebayo almost carried the whole team but couldn't do it on his own. Lowry almost saved the day, but needed more help off the bench (Even though Robinson and one other guy played really well with him it just wasn't enough).

Would have liked to see a longer Finals, obviously.... 

On 6/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, docile tapeworm said:

The nba is fake! I’m done with this bs! No more nfl and after these finals I’m not supporting this fake shit anymore!

Haha.... What? You don't like the story for Denver?  🤣

1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

I find Jokic annoying to watch as well.

All he does is draw contact and flop around. He creates the contact by taking off balance and weirdly times shots... so I'm not a big fan. 

It's ridiculous how he was praised for making shots and pushing to the rim vs players like Gabe Vincent and the announcers were in love with Jokic's effort. Clear mismatches, but they act like he had to pull a miracle to get to the bucket. Not very hard getting open shots when you are a good 8 inches taller than your opposing player with a much shorter wingspan.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

It's ridiculous how he was praised for making shots and pushing to the rim vs players like Gabe Vincent and the announcers were in love with Jokic's effort. Clear mismatches, but they act like he had to pull a miracle to get to the bucket. Not very hard getting open shots when you are a good 8 inches taller than your opposing player with a much shorter wingspan.

Yeah... it's not fucking rocket science. Hit a screen, get a mis match, and he just puts a shot up over them.

He's not fundamentally sound. Not sure if he ever was, or just got good at being off balance. But.... clearly it's going to be a tough guard since he's tall and off balance.

I get that's the point, but it's mostly the ugly shots and flopping that I hate.