IGNORED

NBA Thread

Makar

3 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

How dare you doubt a team that has been considered lacking in talent, yet working through multiple injuries and still taking out teams.

2 hours ago, O.G. CIB said:

If the Heat don’t win tonight they will be on the wrong side of history. Game 4 was their chance and Game 6 is the last stand. 

Nba looking at a boring Denver/Miami finals or one of their stories franchises making history while saving finals ratings 😂

I called Mia in 7 before the series started and I still think Miami can win in 7 if they don’t get it done tonight.

agreed miami blew it in game 4. 

I wonder out of all the 3-0 leads have the circumstances ever been set up with such a gap in seeding with the higher seed hosting game 7? 

when Boston won game 4 it was easy to say “well shit all boston gotta do is win game 5 and the pressure is all back on Miami”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

Nba looking at a boring Denver/Miami finals or one of their stories franchises making history while saving finals ratings 😂

I called Mia in 7 before the series started and I still think Miami can win in 7 if they don’t get it done tonight.

agreed miami blew it in game 4. 

I wonder out of all the 3-0 leads have the circumstances ever been set up with such a gap in seeding with the higher seed hosting game 7? 

when Boston won game 4 it was easy to say “well shit all boston gotta do is win game 5 and the pressure is all back on Miami”.

Never such a gap ever. Largest gap I think was Houston when they were a 6 and took out the Spurs but that was in 6 games. In the end Miami is playing with house money but going up 3-0 gives them 4 shots at it. Everyone should be rooting for the underdog but the NBA and the network has other ideas. 

No 5,7 or 8 seed ever won a title. 4 & 6 seed once…. 3 seed 8x …. 2 seed 16x and 1 seed 50x ….. so what the heat are doing is nothing short of incredible.I called Heat in 6 because I thought Boston would be as tough as the Knicks but must admit I was shocked when they went up 3-0

of course the NBA wants the Celtics not only for the team but the NBA doesn’t have as many American born superstar talent and Tatum represent that. Outside of Tatum and Ja Morant the NBA superstars coming up are all international players. The last was Harden in 2018. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Mega Tank it’s Miami heeeeat! Voshon Leonard! John crotty! Ike Austin! Leeeeets gooooooo!!!

they better play this at the game tonight!

Eric reed and Dr Jack “tha slammer!” “Leonard! Leonard! Leonard!”

Thanks for the throwback. Here's something juuuust a little more recent lol

"Trying to survive on 95." Such an accurate line lol

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 2

Boston couldn’t make a 3 and held Tatum to 6 points in the 2nd half…this was Miami’s shot but the Heat did everything worse…. Couldn’t make some free throws early in the 4th, Duncan missing wide open 3s, Bam on offensive is trash, horrible ref calls and Jimmy disappeared until the last 3 mins. I don’t know if he’s hurt but he’s been ghost since Bucks series. He hasn’t had a “Playoff Jimmy” appearance this series. 

Only positive is now all the pressure is on Boston. 

20 minutes ago, O.G. CIB said:

Boston couldn’t make a 3 and held Tatum to 6 points in the 2nd half…this was Miami’s shot but the Heat did everything worse…. Couldn’t make some free throws early in the 4th, Duncan missing wide open 3s, Bam on offensive is trash, horrible ref calls and Jimmy disappeared until the last 3 mins. I don’t know if he’s hurt but he’s been ghost since Bucks series. He hasn’t had a “Playoff Jimmy” appearance this series. 

For 3 games all of miamis starters and Robinson were rolling, unstoppable. The last 3 games Caleb Martin is carrying the team. Dude is gonna have to say f it and get himself 40. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, O.G. CIB said:

The fact there's still questions about Bam at this stage in his career with the Heat means he's either not "that guy" or we just don't know how to use him.

Hard to see the Heat winning Game 7 on the road, but you never know. I honestly didn't even watch the game and I'm glad I didn't at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mega Tank said:

The fact there's still questions about Bam at this stage in his career with the Heat means he's either not "that guy" or we just don't know how to use him.

Hard to see the Heat winning Game 7 on the road, but you never know. I honestly didn't even watch the game and I'm glad I didn't at this point. 

Dude i watched until they went down by 8 or something in the first half I didn’t turn it back on until about 5 to go in the fourth then turned it back off and started watching again with like 30 seconds left.

I knew it was going to come down to a last second shot.

I gave up on bam when he got worked by ad in the bubble. I feel silly for actually thinking for a second “maybe this dude can take over”. I mean when he is looking for his two hand slam, being aggressive and his little 8 footer is falling he is great. But it’s like 1 in 5 games if that.

18 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

I'm not sure how many times I yelled to get the ball away from Bam tonight lol

Here's to hoping Herro comes back well enough to deal some damage. Heat need another scoring option. Also Butler needs his ankle to recover as much as possible. Hard to count out the heat, unless you are @Makar 😆

If Herro comes back I don’t suspect he will start…. You can’t get this far and mess up the rhythm. I do suspect vs Denver they go back to Love starting 

• Agree 1