IGNORED

The Little Mermaid Needed A Save Battery / Appreciation Thread...

AirVillain

I checked that trombone on Youtube just to see its views. Some people have cracked the code of YouTube that's for sure. 

Hopefully Tulpa will not follow through with this lawsuit, though.

A little insensitive of me to use the reference..... but hey!!! These are hard times, people!!

Stand up for what you believe in if you think The Little Mermaid needed a save battery!!!  🤣

3 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Stand up for what you believe in if you think The Little Mermaid needed a save battery!!!  🤣

It really does. As things stand, without it, this game is complete and utter trash. There is no point to playing it because after you've played the first stage, why would you want to do that again? I need to beat the game and be done with it. #nobattery #cancel #littlemermaid

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

It really does. As things stand, without it, this game is complete and utter trash. There is no point to playing it because after you've played the first stage, why would you want to do that again? I need to beat the game and be done with it. #nobattery #cancel #littlemermaid

I totally agree. 

In fact... I ONLY play this game using an emulator and save states. I don't even want to replay sections of levels. 

Edited by AirVillain
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:03 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Troll thread.  No grown man has actually played The Little Mermaid.

anchorman-science.gif

Here's a fun "fact" about me: If the game has a hot redhead as a playable character, I'll be there. Especially if it means that I cannot buy you that super obscure print variant of an otherwise common game you are looking for.

one piece naruto GIF

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2023 at 3:49 PM, FenrirZero said:

Here's a fun "fact" about me: If the game has a hot redhead as a playable character, I'll be there. Especially if it means that I cannot buy you that super obscure print variant of an otherwise common game you are looking for.

one piece naruto GIF

In a bikini! 😆🥰

On 4/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Ooh yeah baby

IMG_3511.thumb.png.ed47cb1ae7a548f92aa4658a44c81c7b.png

You know... I was stumped for other hottie redheads, but yet here we are. I stand corrected. 

Okay, while we are back here, let's keep the discussion about the game going. We've discussed gameplay and such, but what about the box artwork?

Why? Why show Ariel scared and timid? I mean... I know she was at the start, but shit... that does make me want to buy the game...

image.thumb.jpeg.ecde1db3c7e78f633ad39c4496bbf492.jpeg

Give me something more epic!

image.jpeg.cdd2179ea74987a157e21d1ccbbd184e.jpeg

Of course they could have done a badass montage with Ursula....

But WHY the shitty picture of Ariel because terrified by Ursula's eels??? 

I've never understood it. 

• Love 1

Forget the little Mermaid. Nobody plays this game anyways. What I am pissed about is how Super Mario Bros 1 doesn’t have a save battery. Like seriously, does Nintendo expect me to use the warp zone and lose all my points and my fire flower if I want to play again later.

Do better Nintendo 😡

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, phart010 said:

Forget the little Mermaid. Nobody plays this game anyways. What I am pissed about is how Super Mario Bros 1 doesn’t have a save battery. Like seriously, does Nintendo expect me to use the warp zone and lose all my points and my fire flower if I want to play again later.

Do better Nintendo 😡

Praise The Lord Applause GIF

Agreed. Personally I think it was the success of SMB without a save battery that led Nintendo to become complacent and not put it into later difficult games like Little Mermaid. 

It was a slippery slope that almost destroyed the entire industry. 

But please.... in all seriousness. We play The Little Mermaid. We play it a lot. A. LOT. Not as much as SMB on account of its extreme difficulty, but I play it for hours on end practising.

10 hours ago, phart010 said:

Do better Nintendo 😡

Did any cartridge games have save batteries before Zelda?

Look, if memory is volatile and needs a save battery, it's inferior due to the hardware mechanics.  If I can't save a game save for the rest of my life, the need for a save state is flawed.

Yes, I'm aware you can buy devices to back up games, even with their save states, but that doesn't count.  If a game is made to save a game, but doesn't offer a way to keep it alive for at least the potential lifetime of the game player, then that's a game design flaw.

Any game with a save state is, therefore, inferior to any other good game that doesn't need one.  Now if you excuse me, I'm taking my pocket full of quarters and heading down to my local 80s Nostalgia Arcade!

engineering reverse GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Look, if memory is volatile and needs a save battery, it's inferior due to the hardware mechanics.  If I can't save a game save for the rest of my life, the need for a save state is flawed.

Yes, I'm aware you can buy devices to back up games, even with their save states, but that doesn't count.  If a game is made to save a game, but doesn't offer a way to keep it alive for at least the potential lifetime of the game player, then that's a game design flaw.

Any game with a save state is, therefore, inferior to any other good game that doesn't need one.  Now if you excuse me, I'm taking my pocket full of quarters and heading down to my local 80s Nostalgia Arcade!

engineering reverse GIF

You lose your high score when they unplug the machine. They shoulda put a daggon save battery in those old Arcade cabinets 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2023 at 12:04 PM, phart010 said:

Do better Nintendo 😡

No kidding. When I was a kid, my dad made me play all 32 levels or he said I didn't beat it legit. That kinda stuff makes you a better gamer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

No kidding. When I was a kid, my dad made me play all 32 levels or he said I didn't beat it legit. That kinda stuff makes you a better gamer.

And beat those 32 levels BEFORE dinner... or else you go to bed hungry and think about what you've done/not done!

On 5/2/2023 at 2:13 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

And did your dad help make you a Bad enough Dude to rescue the President?  In the arcade you really do rescue President Reagan and he asks you out for a burger; that sounds like something Trump would offer...wouldn't Reagan offer you jelly beans? 😄 

Edited by Estil
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Estil said:

And did your dad help make you a Bad enough Dude to rescue the President?  In the arcade you really do rescue President Reagan and he asks you out for a burger; that sounds like something Trump would offer...wouldn't Reagan offer you jelly beans? 😄 

Actually, yeah. I'm still waiting on that burger too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1