IGNORED

Stress vs De-stress

GPX

On 4/16/2023 at 12:35 PM, mbd39 said:

Battletoads?

I don't actually find Battletoads stressful..... because.... I don't allow it to be.

I just play it as far as I can go and enjoy that time. 

In the past trying to actually "beat" the game I grew to hate it.... but..... there's so much fun to be had with the "earlier" stages that I always find myself going back to them and enjoying them. 

So for me, After the Fire Rockets (Can't be bothered to find name), I'm good. Sometimes I'll fight through the next level. But that's it for me. I don't try to go much further because I know how annoying it is and how upset I am when I get shit kicked. 

As a matter of fact... there's a couple levels AFTER the fire rockets, and if I beat them I feel good about myself and just quit. Right before the really weird wheel things. FUCK THOSE WHEELS. 

So I enjoy Battletoads stress free by giving up before it becomes stressful. 🤣

7 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

I can handle the stress/frustration, even though I have blood pressure issues.

That's the FUN part!   😅

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The real stress of Battletoads is waiting to find out if the rat race glitch will ruin your run.  

Haha, see... I give up before then so I'm good!

• Haha 1

for destressing games, i can always pick up either the Legend of Zelda (NES) or Diablo 3 (PC). i've played through Zelda so many times that i could practically play it by feel. it is one of the few games i've purchased multiple times (NES x3, GameCube "Collector's Edition", Wii-U VC, Game & Watch). have beaten it on all of those systems multiple times. Many times i will sit down for a NES de-stress situation, start a new game, and find myself in the 7th dungeon before i know it.
Diablo3 is a little bit of a different story. it is my go-to game to have too many drinks and just sit down for 4-6-8-10 hours and click away. It's a pretty easy game, but *just* engaging enough to keep me invested. Until i get too drunk and can't focus on the screen. 

for stressful games, i agree with @TDIRunner:

On 4/7/2023 at 12:55 PM, TDIRunner said:

For me, the big stress inducer is usually timed segments. 

underwater Sonic still freaks me out, even in the later games when they've expanded the time a lot. Hell, even in SMB when the timer gets below 100 and the music changes creates a small amount of panic in me. And whoever mentioned the EMMI sections of Metroid Dread are close (i would call it more tense than stressful, but YMMV)

other than that, i don't really play a lot of stressful games. Frustrating, sure. But that's part of the charm. i could play a stressful part of a game, but if i found a game itself stressful, i probably wouldn't be playing it. just not what i'm interested in.

It’s like a tie between Call of Duty multiplayer and PubG for which causes the most stress. PubG might actually be worse because I usually play TDM of CoD and if I die I just respawn but PubG you gotta wait around in the lobby for a new game and it’s like 5-10 minutes before you get back in the action 

Any game that isn’t one of those usually de-stresses me. I’ve started playing like all my new games on easy mode because I just don’t have time or want to fight a boss 900 times to get it right. Clearly I don’t play Souls like games hahaha