IGNORED

Happy MAR10 day!

JamesRobot

Ah, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

This is a Friday... missed opportunity for Nintendo/Universal to not drop the SMB movie today.  I mean, they could have.  It releases in a couple of weeks and when you've been working on a project for years, surely you can bump up the date to make it Mar, 10!

• Agree 3

I played thru SMB 1 yesterday and I have something to share.  Is it me?  But the physics feel more clunkier than I remember?  I remember Marios running, walking, stopping and jumping being REALLY smooth, but it felt a bit stiffer to me and I actually had some issues sliding into enemies, or missing a jump on a goomba and being killed.  I think SMB3 is a bit better, although a little floatier.

Is it me?

Downloaded the newest update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night. Not only is Birdo playable now, but Waluigi Stadium is one of the tracks that have been added. About time they added more Double Dash!! content. Also, the new Yoshi track looks cool. And it looks like five more characters are going to be added in future updates.

image.jpeg.aad5f4af9ab6959a35bce57cc3f0dc1a.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2023 at 10:39 AM, guitarzombie said:

I played thru SMB 1 yesterday and I have something to share.  Is it me?  But the physics feel more clunkier than I remember?  I remember Marios running, walking, stopping and jumping being REALLY smooth, but it felt a bit stiffer to me and I actually had some issues sliding into enemies, or missing a jump on a goomba and being killed.  I think SMB3 is a bit better, although a little floatier.

Is it me?

How many years has it been since you played it? Because it's not just you.... but the length of time since you played likely made it worse. 

Personally I used to (as a child and teenager/young adult) hate the unresponsiveness & "clunkiness" of SMB. Especially when I had SMB3 available and it's much more responsive and "smooth" of a gameplay experience. 

Later, as an adult I grew to appreciate it for what it was... albeit somewhat clunky, it's still quite revolutionary for its day and if you work with it's quirks, you can do just fine.

For example, when you jump and need to land on a platform .... you KNOW that the mechanic of him moving in the air is slow so you have to bring Mario back and press the D-pad sooner and longer to get him back. It's tricky... but just accept that it's a bit "slower" and work with what the game gives you. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:17 PM, guitarzombie said:

@AirVillainmaybe 2 years?  I really don't play it often.  Only on Mar10 if anything and I can't say it was a tradition.  I used to play it a lot more YEARS ago and my remembering of it was it was really smooth.  I suppose I'm just not used to it, especially playing other games much more.

Hmmmm.... yeah.... That's certainly a thing for me. The longer I go without playing it, the "stiffer" it feels. Partly because I play SMB3, and others, more often I'm sure.