IGNORED

Are you content with your collection?

1 hour ago, goldenpp72 said:

Well, I definitely collected to 'have games' as options to play, but I also like to try to make them look nice. Though back when I started, that wasn't so difficult to do as it is today either, if I were beginning today I'd likely have a smaller list and not go for boxes either, but I felt compelled to finish since I got so far 😕 I spent most of today just playing Smash Bros on Switch but also played some Gargoyles Quest while waiting for matches to begin, just have to have the time really 😛

I think what you mentioned is the likely path of most collectors - the intent to collect to game, but then thoughts of “full sets, limited editions etc..”

Ultimately most of us are likely gamers in origin, then we all divert into more gaming or more collecting. The numbers we end up with are just a by-product of our passion/madness. 🤪

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GPX said:

I think what you mentioned is the likely path of most collectors - the intent to collect to game, but then thoughts of “full sets, limited editions etc..”

Ultimately most of us are likely gamers in origin, then we all divert into more gaming or more collecting. The numbers we end up with are just a by-product of our passion/madness. 🤪

I definitely have that problem where I procrastinate ever doing something because I always go full on into it, my gaming area is basically the most extreme example of it, but I'm just endlessly determined when I get on with something for whatever reason. Now I'm hoping to channel that energy into something a bit more healthy lol.

am i content? largely yes. i'm sitting at ~600 games across a dozen or so systems. mainly Nintendo, but a few others thrown in. My main interest has always been in the NES, which comprises about 1/3 of the total. I then branched out by following along series (SMB 1-3 -> SMW -> SM64 -> Mario Sunshine -> NSMB/Galaxy -> SM3DW -> Odyssey for one example), picking up "key" games, and just whatever else struck my fancy. I've never been a full set collector (except 32x and VB, but those are mainly due to such a small library, plus being seen as "failures") because i would still end up only playing the games i'm already familiar with. Not enough benefit for me, personally.

Are there more games that i'd like to own? of course. for example, i still have a list of Castlevania games i'd like to own, but i'm just not in a hurry to do so. They're nowhere near my "play next" list, so i haven't made them a priority. and a few other low price titles that again aren't a priority. these also make it easy to throw on XMas lists or whatever.

• Like 1