IGNORED

2022 gaming tierlists

LHCGreg

Editorials Team · Posted

Quick and dirty.  Excluded SNES since I had already played all of them extensively in prior years.  Ditto for Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2, which I wrappedup this year.

I also didn't include Nier Automata since I don't have a final opinion yet.  But it's very good.

I wouldn't say any of these are bad games either.

image.png.c7915206d516c1e8081199a0f4f94c1a.png

• Like 1

Haven't played much this past year but of the games I played for the first time:

S-Tier: TMNT: Shredder's Revenge

A-Tier: Elden Ring, Aladdin (Genesis), Kirby and the Forgotten Land

B-Tier: Stray, Pac-Man World Re-Pac, Metroid Dread, Gran Turismo 7, Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis), Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

C-Tier: Dragon Quest (Switch remake), World of Illusion Starring Mickey & Donald (Genesis)

Aside from Elden Ring I only listed games I've completed or at least played a lot of. I played a handful of other games that I played in the past but didn't list those, only listed games I played or beat for the first time last year.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

This was a great prompt to go back and catalogue all the games I played this year - thanks @LHCGreg!

It was hard to remember how much I enjoyed some of these, but I think it's safe to say Adventures of Lolo [NES] and Image Fight [NES] were solid contenders for the top spot in 2022...

S )
Adventures of Lolo [NES]
Image Fight [NES]

A )
Arrow Flash [GEN]
Beanie Bopper [2600]
Bomberman ‘93 [TG-16]
GleyLancer [MD]
Parasol Stars [NES]
Planet Patrol [2600]
Star Parodier [PCE]
Stinger [NES]
Thunder Spirits [SNES]

B )
Airlock [2600]
Breakout [2600]
Gorf [2600]
Gradius II: Gofer No Yabou [PCE]
Over Horizon [FC]

C )
Guardian [2600]
Mouse Trap [2600]
Parasol Stars [TG-16]
Puss ‘N Boots [NES]
Spider Fighter [2600]
Steel Empire [GEN]

D )
(none)

F )
(none)

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.7766ac8b3417179305ca962226df4995.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 1/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, LHCGreg said:

Several people in other video game communities I'm in made a tier list for the games they played in 2022. Here's mine, made with the offline tierlist maker from https://github.com/silverweed/tiers. I'd love to see what games other people played in 2022 and what you thought of them.

spacer.png

flink is a D? really?  what are your thoughts?

the controls aren't the greatest.  if i remember correctly there is no run button and your jumping distance is based on your running speed, which feels like it takes longer than it should to get up to speed.  i would probably give it B or C.  

4 hours ago, final fight cd said:

flink is a D? really?  what are your thoughts?

the controls aren't the greatest.  if i remember correctly there is no run button and your jumping distance is based on your running speed, which feels like it takes longer than it should to get up to speed.  i would probably give it B or C.  

That's precisely it. I hate the controls. I really didn't like having your running speed based on how long you've been moving, plus taking too long to get to max speed, plus even the max speed being pretty slow.

I'm probably a little late to the party, but I played many games last year so my list ended up being pretty big. Unfortunately I didn't know how to export the list into a picture so I just have this screenshot which is a bit small with this many games.

Tierlist.png

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:02 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Quick and dirty.  Excluded SNES since I had already played all of them extensively in prior years.  Ditto for Breath of the Wild and Xenoblade 2, which I wrappedup this year.

I also didn't include Nier Automata since I don't have a final opinion yet.  But it's very good.

I wouldn't say any of these are bad games either.

image.png.c7915206d516c1e8081199a0f4f94c1a.png

Nice to see fire emblem echoes made it towards the top. It’s the most underrated fire emblem game imo

• Agree 1

What is a tier list without a clickbait banner

gamesbeaten_clickbait_002.png.03d009aba90d0eefaa4ee517c1e97e9c.png

😅 I didn't play through many games but I beat a few larger ones, particularly on GC and PS1.

• S - Metal Gear Solid (PS1), Eternal Darkness (Gamecube), Squad 51 Vs. The Flying Saucers (PC)
  • A - Geist (Gamecube), Castlevania Chronicles (PS1)
  • B - Billy Blazes: Rescue Heroes (GBA)
  • C - Parodius (FC)
  • D, F - aint nobody got time fa dat
Edited by nesmaster14
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Echoes would have to be one of my favourite FE games after Awakening. Such a great game.

I'd say Awakening, Conquest, Birthright, and Echoes are all up there.  Revelations I docked because you have so many power characters available that it becomes absurdly easy.

...though I guess I beat Echoes without either MC falling a single time, so I dunno 😆

• Like 1

All right, I compiled my list.  I actually participate in a thread on another forum where I track the time I play each game, so I went through and figured out all the games I played more than 200 mins and tiered them.  I don't have an 'S' tier because I've had a long career of being asked to differentiate . . . things, and I've made up my mind that we really only need 5 categories of differentiation.  Everything else is fart smelling.  Although, I did pick a 1, 2, 3 from the A-tier, so I guess I'm a hypocrite.  Note that I participated in a NES and Intellivision high score club in 2022, so those systems are fairly heavily represented.

#1 - Horizon Zero Dawn <- I loved this game

#2 - Pinball Arcade (World Cup '94 Table) <- Took me years to finally win the World Cup on this table

#3 - TMNT III: The Manhattan Project <- Total shock at how impressed I was with this game

Note - My wife's vote for #1 as a backseat gamer was Return to Monkey Island

A

• 1943 - NES
  • Beamrider - Intellivision
  • Beauty and the Beast - Intellivision
  • Defender of the Crown - Atari ST
  • Dreadnaught Factor, The - Intellivision
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition - XOne
  • Overcooked 2 - XOne
  • Pinball Arcade, The - PC
  • RC Pro AM - NES