IGNORED

was there ever a matching pink nunchuck officially released by Nintendo?

koifish

there was a pink wii remote, I know, but I don't recall a pink nunchuck. I think the only off-white nunchucks sold were made as pack-ins for the color matching consoles (so black for black Wii, blue for blue Wii, etc). Was there ever matching 'chucks made officially for the pink wii remote? The only other thing that comes to mind is all of those Mario character remotes they made at the end of the system's life, and I don't think any of those got matching nunchucks but I really am not sure of that.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

No idea. Is the pink wii remote rare / valuable?

I don't know that any Wii remote is particularly rare or valuable at the moment. I am just curious if a complete set exists for that color. I recently got lucky and found a black nunchuck for my black wiimote for cheap at a local thrift shop, and became curious of this subject. Having matching colors for the nunchucks is nice when you can get it.

If you were purely interested in rare/valuable, then I'd look at the Mario character remotes I mentioned above, or that gold Zelda remote from skyward sword. Those might be more valuable than the standard kind, but ultimately I don't know as I'm not enthused by Wii collecting. You'll have to find someone who follows it more closely to tell you.

Edited by koifish

The only official nunchuck colors are white, black, red, light blue, and gold. Gold is the rarest. As for wiimotes, the gold wiimote is probably the rarest and the gold classic controller is also likely the rarest. 

edit: there was a light blue one too that was in a skylanders bundle. 

Edited by Makar

@koifishLargely in the US region, they're not.  But there are a few.  Awhile into it they made a LOT of the red Mario and green Luigi wiimotes, but later they did some more custom colored instead of monotone style of those first two.  There were ones for princess and yoshi next, followed with toad and bowser last.  Given how late they arrived they likely got progressively less controllers too.  Princess was mostly pink, Yoshi was white and green back, the later Toad was white and blue back, and bowser was an interesting mix of yellow and green with red highlights.  The bowser one I believe is the most expensive of the lot of them.  Like the M&L ones each around the speaker had their own custom ink logo, crown, egg, shroom, koopa head, and these were all wii motion plus controllers too.

34 minutes ago, Makar said:

The only official nunchuck colors are white, black, red and gold. Gold is the rarest. As for wiimotes, the gold wiimote is probably the rarest and the gold classic controller is also likely the rarest. 

Nah. there's a blue one too. Came in this Skylanders bundl

Screenshot_20221104_215535_Brave.jpg.3e6346d8ef9474618960d70301edcc10.jpg

Man I swear I saw a pink nunchuk too I just can't find one still in the packaging online. There was a link Wii remote, a pink motion plus Wii remote, and a pink motion plus Wii U remote.  But not pink nunchuk? Just seems unlikely. I really feel like I can see it in my minds eye in a neat row a best buy 15 years ago but that's all I can go off of.

Screenshot_20221104_220359_eBay.jpg.1a7c3221e7a6d628eaea92b1f766a003.jpg

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

1 hour ago, Makar said:

The only official nunchuck colors are white, black, red and gold. Gold is the rarest. As for wiimotes, the gold wiimote is probably the rarest and the gold classic controller is also likely the rarest. 

Wasn’t there a blue nunchuck too? I could have sworn my mom has one at her house

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@koifishLargely in the US region, they're not.  But there are a few.  Awhile into it they made a LOT of the red Mario and green Luigi wiimotes, but later they did some more custom colored instead of monotone style of those first two.  There were ones for princess and yoshi next, followed with toad and bowser last.  Given how late they arrived they likely got progressively less controllers too.  Princess was mostly pink, Yoshi was white and green back, the later Toad was white and blue back, and bowser was an interesting mix of yellow and green with red highlights.  The bowser one I believe is the most expensive of the lot of them.  Like the M&L ones each around the speaker had their own custom ink logo, crown, egg, shroom, koopa head, and these were all wii motion plus controllers too.

Yea these colored Wiimotes with the Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Toad themes were for sale in the Wii U era and sold for a premium at GameStop. I would say they are the hardest to find because they were late release and you could find a complete Wii system with games at any flea market/ garage sale for less than $20 when they were trying to sell these themed wiimotes for $35 each

if you want one, the Nintendo shop is still selling one of the character remotes. 40 bucks is too much for a wiimote for me, but again I'm not enthused by collecting it.

I forgot there was a gold nunchuck and gold pro controller. They also made a gold Wii wheel as a Japanese club nintendo prize, I now remember. There were white and black ones sold as well but I don't recall seeing any other colors. Also, there is definitely a blue nunchuck as I have one! One came with every blue Wii console to match the remote (RVL-101 so another rather late wii release). That's part of why I think pink didn't get a release, because I've never seen any colors besides those bundled with consoles. Black and white were sold separately, but I don't remember seeing other colors.

41 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Yea these colored Wiimotes with the Mario/Luigi/Peach/Bowser/Toad themes were for sale in the Wii U era and sold for a premium at GameStop. I would say they are the hardest to find because they were late release and you could find a complete Wii system with games at any flea market/ garage sale for less than $20 when they were trying to sell these themed wiimotes for $35 each

Yeah that sounds right, I didn't dig too much.  The reason I'm aware was that I found the koopa one a few years back (a little before the virus) at a thrift for a few dollars.  Thought I'd get around to using it, never did, and I eventually sold it this year and I got quite a bit for it.  So I just checked ebay and it seems if you have a clean one with the matching grip sleeve and wrist strap/clip they're like $50/avg, so I guess I cashed out when it was higher earlier this year.

One time I went to GameStop to buy a new wiimote.. I think it’s was $25 or $30

I brought it to the register and the guy took it away. He was like no man get this instead. It was a brand new bundle pack of Flingsmash with a black Wii motion plus wiimote included, all for only $15. Nice guy for doing that 😊

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

One time I went to GameStop to buy a new wiimote.. I think it’s was $25 or $30

I brought it to the register and the guy took it away. He was like no man get this instead. It was a brand new bundle pack of Flingsmash with a black Wii motion plus wiimote included, all for only $15. Nice guy for doing that 😊

yeah I remember that game, pretty sure the free wiimote+ is the only reason anyone bought it.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Nah. there's a blue one too. Came in this Skylanders bundl

Screenshot_20221104_215535_Brave.jpg.3e6346d8ef9474618960d70301edcc10.jpg

Man I swear I saw a pink nunchuk too I just can't find one still in the packaging online. There was a link Wii remote, a pink motion plus Wii remote, and a pink motion plus Wii U remote.  But not pink nunchuk? Just seems unlikely. I really feel like I can see it in my minds eye in a neat row a best buy 15 years ago but that's all I can go off of.

Screenshot_20221104_220359_eBay.jpg.1a7c3221e7a6d628eaea92b1f766a003.jpg

Ah you’re right sorry forgot that light blue one 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nintendo-wii-skylanders-giants-bundle-1789772658

That list that guy has is a real gem if you're going to try and get them all or something specific.  I will add it's semi-missing one thing, in the US there were TWO red wiimote and chuks.  They're red, but not the same color of red, one is more shiny and bright the other is more of a duller shade of red.  The shiny one was limited to the console and controller that matched it, only out for part of a year, the Super Mario 25th Anniversary set which I think they called mario red or something.  The other red I've seen it more dull to match the other red wii that was around beyond that.

I wouldn't even think of it, but when I got the last Wii I ever had like 5-6 years ago it was the mario red one from a goodwill and it was missing the top flaps and battery door on the wiimote, so I had to go find the pieces online and ran into trouble at first with the 2 different shades realizing both reds were not the same.

i thought  it might be worthwhile to add that China was making near perfectly identical copy’s of the official Nintendo Wiimote during the lifetime of the Wii. My brother bought some back in the day and he was taking them apart to steal the faceplates. I remember we were comparing them to the real Wiimotes and marvelled at how we couldn’t tell the difference. Now this was years ago and I am recalling from memory, before my eye was trained as a serious collector, but I seem to remember at least the plastic parts were indistinguishable in design and materials. 

All this to say, if we eventually do find a seemingly legit pink nunchuck, we’ll probably need to know the history to back it up. A perfect looking specimen on its own is not enough 

13 hours ago, phart010 said:

i thought  it might be worthwhile to add that China was making near perfectly identical copy’s of the official Nintendo Wiimote during the lifetime of the Wii. My brother bought some back in the day and he was taking them apart to steal the faceplates. I remember we were comparing them to the real Wiimotes and marvelled at how we couldn’t tell the difference. Now this was years ago and I am recalling from memory, before my eye was trained as a serious collector, but I seem to remember at least the plastic parts were indistinguishable in design and materials. 

All this to say, if we eventually do find a seemingly legit pink nunchuck, we’ll probably need to know the history to back it up. A perfect looking specimen on its own is not enough 

makes sense given that China was also making official wiimotes IIRC. I've heard about factories there doing separate runs of branded products, simply leaving the branding off, and selling it as generic. That would explain stuff like the 60w apple USB-C charger I found for all of 4 dollars, which was only missing the company logo on the side, but seemed otherwise identical.

I don't always trust these things, though, because I wouldn't be surprised if they did little or no QC once they didn't have a company with a reputation (and subject to lawsuits) breathing down their necks.

9 hours ago, 360collector said:

I strongly suspect these are not authentic. Due to two very subtle things… Nintendo of Japan is a very attentive company. The colors are written in English… except on the blue color controller, the color is labelled as “ao” and the white controller Iabelled as “shiro” 

I think shiro means white and ao blue in Japanese… but that’s besides the point. The Japanese would have been consistent and written all of the color names in English. And they most certainly would never write a Japanese language word using the English alphabet…

Secondly, the Nunchucks have quality control stickers on them… I don’t believe Nintendo of Japan quality control processes would leave QC stickers on a controller.. they likely would never use QC stickers to begin with.

Therefore I declare these controllers as very high quality Chinese made fakes. They are possibly even 1:1 with the real thing, but not authorized by Nintendo.

Edited by phart010

Now if you want an uncommon wiimote/nunchuck color, this combo pack looks official and the tint of blue doesn’t seem the same as the more common blue we are used to seeing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175466042031?hash=item28da9752af:g:uHUAAOSwUS1jWeEY&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoIvMavmAsCv5sqx0XmoOyWmbWoTrHEviRNHZH3gTVY7WiEhYr43lqrIRnQhdWDGHAZ7pT0bcjtMlHtfFocHrunpNa1g0%2FW%2BEkiyEmsDEYaL%2F8PTd%2Fe9tgmRmczGj9lbg2KKecc0GS02DCg2XFpRc54mJljRuu75fus9uca6ZphCDdMUSkGCWhT2vZEeJQ2k31IBWfmEyUvajR8MOcIV3hQo%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR76BpKKLYQ

Edit: Google says only 5,000 units of this wiimote bundle were made

Edited by phart010