IGNORED

Time to Completion thread

phart010

Is there a thread or website that tabulates the amount of time needed to complete various games. Like before I get invested in a game, I’d want to know how long it takes to speed run, how long does it take the average gamer to complete on first go around, how long on second go around, and how long it takes to 100%.

is this info already being documented in list form anywhere?

Editorials Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, RH said:

Yeah, I'm very much in this camp, with very few exceptions.  I'm at least going to try to play both Front Mission games when they come out.  Other than that, It's got to be in the 15-20 hours range.

For long games, the Switch (and 3DS before that) are a godsend.  Xenoblade 2 took me 80 hours.  Average play session might have been 20-30 minutes.  In and out when you can spare some time.  With PS5 games it's a major challenge. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

For long games, the Switch (and 3DS before that) are a godsend.  Xenoblade 2 took me 80 hours.  Average play session might have been 20-30 minutes.  In and out when you can spare some time.  With PS5 games it's a major challenge. 

I think the portability of the Switch is the only reason why I considered buying one.  Actually, it's the combo of the too.  I like playing Mario Kart with my kids, but I also like playing some before I go to sleep at bed time.  I agree.

I think I could really get into Forza 5, and probably a lot of other new XBox games, but I'm not interested in being tethered to a TV.  I like the big screen, but we have an open floor plan and unless I mute my TV, it keeps the kids up. It's not worth that.

That and even gamefaqs has people rating the time and difficulty too with averages if you check the data summary section.  But the one you got linked is what google pulls from when you ask.

I've used it for years, even as a qualifying excuse to NOT buy or try games because I really don't want to invest more than 20-30 hours into a game anymore, usually less in enough cases of it not being some adventure or RPG style thing where it's more expected.

On 8/26/2022 at 4:12 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

On 8/26/2022 at 4:32 PM, RH said:

I think the portability of the Switch is the only reason why I considered buying one.  Actually, it's the combo of the too.  I like playing Mario Kart with my kids, but I also like playing some before I go to sleep at bed time.  I agree.

I think I could really get into Forza 5, and probably a lot of other new XBox games, but I'm not interested in being tethered to a TV.  I like the big screen, but we have an open floor plan and unless I mute my TV, it keeps the kids up. It's not worth that.

This is why I've moved all JRPGs to Switch. I just can't imagine spending 100 hours in front of a TV anymore.

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I have a crappy old Android.  And I'm trying to envision playing Ghost of Tsushima on it 😅

I wouldn’t play a twitchy First person shooter but a chill open world game or rpg is ideal for remote play 😎

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is why I've moved all JRPGs to Switch. I just can't imagine spending 100 hours in front of a TV anymore.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I can feasibly get to the entire 10 game Yakuza series on my TV.  It may take me 10-15 years.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I can feasibly get to the entire 10 game Yakuza series on my TV.  It may take me 10-15 years.

Same. I've been itching to start Yakuza Kiwami, but don't know if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole. I'm a little surprised they haven't announced Switch ports of at least the early games. I'm pretty sure they'd sell like gangbusters.

Administrator · Posted
20 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Same. I've been itching to start Yakuza Kiwami, but don't know if I'm ready to go down that rabbit hole. I'm a little surprised they haven't announced Switch ports of at least the early games. I'm pretty sure they'd sell like gangbusters.

23 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Do it; it's so worth it!