• U2 - "New Year's Day"
    • INXS - "Never Tear Us Apart"
  3. 3. Choose one

• Childish Gambino - "This is America"
    • Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance"
  4. 4. Choose one

• My Chemical Romance - "Helena"
    • Jane's Addiction - "Jane Says"

I feel Oasis is just a 90s cliché at this point, but they are waaaaay better than Linkin Park in my book-- 1.

I'm not much of a fan of U2 but I've always wanted to go see them in concert because, supposedly, they stage performance is second to none.  I'm not familiar with INXS, though and they don't really grab my attention-- 1.

This was an interesting one for me.  I'm a fan of Don Glovers work on TV, but I didn't really like Childish Gambino.  I'm also not a Lady GaGa fan, but you can't deny that when you heard most of her early stuff, it was stuck in your brain for a day.  This was a fun one to have to think through-- 2.

This was probably the easiest.  My Chemical Romance is just one of those bands I've heard of for ages but I can't place a single song I know by them, including this one.  They aren't my style but if I'd heard them in my college years, I would have probably really enjoyed.  Jane Says is a 90s classic.  It's also an example of a song that I found ok, or even "meh", in the 90s but with time I think it's grown on me-- 2.

I don’t have any iTunes or iMusic or whatever they call it on my phone.   The only thing stored on it is the sampler U2 album that comes with it.  Every time I get in the car, if I don’t have Spotify open, it automatically starts playing this crappy U2 album.  So annoying.  I can’t stand U2.  Except Sunday Bloody Sunday.  I like that tune.

Edit:  Now that I‘m thinking about it at an opportune moment I hunted that sucker down and deleted it.

Edited by Hammerfestus
  • Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, Sumez said:

What happened to the actual music debates? 😞

Well, they were really struggling to get much of a response.  I have plenty more lined up once the hiatus ends I guess.

Even moving slightly off the beaten path, Thompson Twins got 4 votes and no comments:

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/10671-music-debate-141-thompson-twins/#comment-290016