IGNORED

Game Debate #111: Comix Zone

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• Mass Effect trilogy
    • Uncharted trilogy

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Shoot - I need to start lifting weights and grow a ponytail so I can be a real comic-artist like the Comix Zone guy…

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.d918c61c32c6518bca96a2a54e6c8199.jpeg

The lesson here is:

Don't draw anything that you couldn't physically kick the crap out of... ya know, when you are inexplicably transported into the artistic universe of your own making.

Comix Zone is the reason I'm afraid to sketch anything other than butterflies and teddy bears.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cj_robot said:

The lesson here is:

Don't draw anything that you couldn't physically kick the crap out of... ya know, when you are inexplicably transported into the artistic universe of your own making.

Comix Zone is the reason I'm afraid to sketch anything other than butterflies and teddy bears.

a-ha GIF

Dude, Comix Zone is one of my favorite games of all time. I recently sent a video to my brother of the load-up screen "Sega" and he instantly named it. I remember playing it at my friends house when I was a kid and HAD TO HAVE IT after experiencing it.

There's so much about this game that is exceptional. The story book take. The one death and you're done aspect. The two different endings (if you beat it in time or not). The relatively short game overall. The hidden areas / items / tricks. The ability to pick your own path. The graphics and sound. Easily one of the best games on the Genesis and I still go back to it from time to time. It's a great game to just throw in and play for 30 minutes.

10/10

Edited by dr.robbie
  • Like 2

Always enjoyed this game. My friend had a Sega and we would rent it for the weekend when I stayed at his place. It was once of the few Sega games I actually liked playing. 

If Sega had a controller that was designed for a regular human being then it would be a really fun game. Give me Comix Zone with an SNES controller and I'm all in 100%. 

That brings up a good question.... why the hell didn't this come out on SNES? (*Checks internet) Oh, it was a Sega developed game. 

OKAY SO... I see that you can get Comix Zoned on Switch online... and you can get an SNES controller for Switch. This might be in my future. 

I'm sort of looking forward to seeing how good those controllers are, though. Even the NES Classic had lag and was shitty I thought. The SNES classic was decent enough. 

I never beat this but played a bit cause of this thread. One health bar to beat the game but punching obstacles like crates hurts you?? I get that it's a puzzle platformer so the idea is to use your items (or enemies) to blow up obstacles so you don't have to punch them but mannnn that is an un-fun feeling way to structure a puzzle. The graphics are ridiculously good though.

• Agree 1

On 7/25/2022 at 9:44 AM, CasualCart said:

Shoot - I need to start lifting weights and grow a ponytail so I can be a real comic-artist like the Comix Zone guy…

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.d918c61c32c6518bca96a2a54e6c8199.jpeg

Like Reno Bryce from WildC.A.T.S. We were to believe this guy spent his nights alone in his office soldering motherboards from scratch... he "also happens to be a black belt", just by coincidence, ya know... lol!

158BCF53-8E43-4C0F-9EE8-7703F9656B04.jpeg

558C288A-E2FC-4A1F-82CF-5398CD383DD2.jpeg

DB270D66-4BCC-4354-8DB6-B7CD4122BCA8.jpeg