IGNORED

VGS Atari High Scores

G-type

On 2/16/2022 at 12:38 AM, PII said:

Well, here's a start.  

Fun Game, very different from the Colecovision Port..

This is SO much fun.  It almost feels like a whole new game!

Rolled a million tonight and then some 1,796,165 Think I'll be done for a while...

Q2 Mil Roll + 1,796,165.png

holy shit... That's probably a record.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:38 AM, PII said:

Well, here's a start.  

Fun Game, very different from the Colecovision Port..

This is SO much fun.  It almost feels like a whole new game!

Rolled a million tonight and then some 1,796,165 Think I'll be done for a while...

Q2 Mil Roll + 1,796,165.png

Did you end up playing with the keyboard or a joystick?

@captmorgandrinker I used the keyboard arrow keys, they actually work really well.

@G-type Thanks for checking on that.  Looks like I'm officially overdue to get myself a recording setup of some sort.  Been planning on it for some time now.  Guess now's the time!

Edited by PII

• 2 months later...

I played a new run of Q*bert's Qubes using the original Atari 2600 Cartridge on an Atari 7800 Console and Recorded the whole works, rolling the score 3 times for a total of:

3,291,480 Points.

The Video is a bit longish at over 7 hours.  That might be a hair much for some folks to view in its entirety, but anyone wishing to Git Gud may find some A-ha! moments at any point there-in.

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 4/24/2022 at 5:58 AM, PII said:

I played a new run of Q*bert's Qubes using the original Atari 2600 Cartridge on an Atari 7800 Console and Recorded the whole works, rolling the score 3 times for a total of:

3,291,480 Points.

The Video is a bit longish at over 7 hours.  That might be a hair much for some folks to view in its entirety, but anyone wishing to Git Gud may find some A-ha! moments at any point there-in.

Truly amazing performance! I have noted your world record status on the front page (whether or not you submit a formal application)

4 hours ago, G-type said:

Truly amazing performance! I have noted your world record status on the front page (whether or not you submit a formal application)

Thanks!  It seems there's a bit of an issue with uploading the video to Twin Galaxies.  They have a max size of 5GB for Vid. uploads and this is 12.68GB.  I emailed contact, so I guess we'll see...

At any rate if I ever have trouble sleeping I'll just remind myself of my "Supreme Noser" status!

20 minutes ago, PII said:

Thanks!  It seems there's a bit of an issue with uploading the video to Twin Galaxies.  They have a max size of 5GB for Vid. uploads and this is 12.68GB.  I emailed contact, so I guess we'll see...

At any rate if I ever have trouble sleeping I'll just remind myself of my "Supreme Noser" status!

https://www.freeconvert.com/video-compressor

31 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Nearly tripling the former record to boot. Seeing all this makes me feel a lot better about Pii kicking my ass all the time in competition. Crazy stuff - nicely done bud!

Don't be too modest, you've left me in the dust a few times 🙂 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

Planet Patrol - 10,470

Planet Patrol is one of my new favorite space-shooters, and I spent the last couple of weeks trying to break 10k.

I wish I could've pulled it off through progression alone, but I had to resort to point-pressing earlier waves before the gameplay got too fast for me.

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.26a66cb7405d056182d0d87e83cf885e.jpeg

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 4/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, PII said:

can't u submit via youtube???

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

can't u submit via youtube???

I tried, but  apparently that's not allowed, has to be a direct upload.  I actually just finished compressing it for the sixth time and the compressor was only able to get it down to 5.39GB, the same size it could give me for the fifth go, which means its still just the tiniest bit too large to upload, so I guess I've got to figure out how to split it in half now and upload it in two pieces...

On 4/29/2022 at 8:23 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Kaboom 🙂

Could definitely do that! I hadn’t done any Activision games yet because a part of the concept was to create patch challenges for games that didn’t already have one. But maybe we could do like an even higher level challenge or we could do it for a kaboom clone (like Beatem and Eatem 🙃)