IGNORED

How do you rank the 12 home tv console mainline Mario games?

Nintegageo

• 5 months later...

I came looking for a thread to discuss and compare the Galaxy games and found this one.  Despite being the exact right age to love the original SMB, I was never really a fan.  I was never really a fan of the entire sidescrolling genre tbh, so discovering 3d Mario has been a revelation.  I finally finished the main story in Galaxy 2 this past week, and I absolutely loved it.  I also loved Galaxy 1 and the partial bit I've played of SMB 64.  I've also really enjoyed SM 3d World when I can find someone else to play it with me.  I've played more of these games than I thought . . .

I realize I am a weirdo because I don't really like the NES titles, but for my money, the Galaxy Series probably has the absolute best 3d platforming of any games that have ever been made.  I really like how much variety there is and how many choices the player has about how to progress.  Now that I've played Galaxy 2, these might push their way into my all-time favorite list . . . gotta give it some time for that.

• Like 1