IGNORED

DKOldies: Are they bad for the retro gaming community?

DKOldies: Are they bad for the retro gaming community?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Is DKOldies bad for selling retro video games at high prices?

• Yes, they are taking advantage of uninformed gamers who don't know any better and are abusing platforms like TikTok to gain followers and make sales.
    • No, it is up to the consumer to educate themselves, do the research, and decide where to purchase products from, just like any other product, and using social media for marketing is just being business savvy.
    • I have some problems with them, but don't think they are a scourge to the retro gaming community. (Explain more in comments)

On 3/9/2023 at 6:12 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

The undershirt gets tucked into the underwear. Elastic of the underwear holds the undershirt in all day, never exposing the ass crack. 

season 3 lol GIF

Hahaha.... Tucked into the underwear is a full on commitment to the tuck!! 

Assuming you're being serious.... Winters here are a bitch. Not sure who reading this has to deal with that.  I generally don't leave the house without my t-shirt tucked into my long johns. Over the boxers, under the long johns, never under the boxers. But if I do leave the house without long johns my t-shirt will generally just be tucked into my pants.... going to full on underwear tuck is WAY too much tuck for me 🤣

Now to tuck your every day shirt UNDER the underwear (on a summer day for example)... now that's taking things to a new level, haha. But depending on your profession, could be necessary.... 🤔

In any, and all, T-shirt tuck situations there is ALWAYS a sweater, jacket, hoody, shell over top.... as I said.... anyone who tucks their t-shirt into their pants and then appears in public cannot be trusted. 

If you have a button up on over, perfect. You are stylin'. No button up, just straight t-shirt.... that's some scary shit. 

14 hours ago, AirVillain said:

season 3 lol GIF

Hahaha.... Tucked into the underwear is a full on commitment to the tuck!! 

Assuming you're being serious.... Winters here are a bitch. Not sure who reading this has to deal with that.  I generally don't leave the house without my t-shirt tucked into my long johns. Over the boxers, under the long johns, never under the boxers. But if I do leave the house without long johns my t-shirt will generally just be tucked into my pants.... going to full on underwear tuck is WAY too much tuck for me 🤣

Now to tuck your every day shirt UNDER the underwear (on a summer day for example)... now that's taking things to a new level, haha. But depending on your profession, could be necessary.... 🤔

In any, and all, T-shirt tuck situations there is ALWAYS a sweater, jacket, hoody, shell over top.... as I said.... anyone who tucks their t-shirt into their pants and then appears in public cannot be trusted. 

If you have a button up on over, perfect. You are stylin'. No button up, just straight t-shirt.... that's some scary shit. 

I 100% am series and do it every day. I teach at a high school and tuck my button shirt I'm everyday and am always moving my arms around which makes my shirt come untucked easily. Being around high schoolers in this culture's climate, my ass crack CANNOT make an appearance.

I Was doing some research on how to stay tucked and some guy had a run down of different methods to stay tucked all day. I had bought shirt stays that clip onto your socks but you can't wear those everyday. I tried folding my t-shirt on the side, ordering a size larger and nothing worked. Then I read an article about the secret to looking good all day at the office and the man said UNDERshirt goes into UNDERwear.

THe elastic from the underwear hold that fucker in til the end of the day AND your undershirt is the #1 cause of your other shirt coming untucked. So by tucking my t-shirt into the undies, my button shirt will almost always stay in until I get home from work. It's honestly impressive

My classroom is cold as fuck too so during the winter months and Cole stretches, I just tuck the Tshirt into the long johns. But yeah, it's essentially witchcraft for keeping your shirt tucked in.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I 100% am series and do it every day. I teach at a high school and tuck my button shirt I'm everyday and am always moving my arms around which makes my shirt come untucked easily. Being around high schoolers in this culture's climate, my ass crack CANNOT make an appearance.

I Was doing some research on how to stay tucked and some guy had a run down of different methods to stay tucked all day. I had bought shirt stays that clip onto your socks but you can't wear those everyday. I tried folding my t-shirt on the side, ordering a size larger and nothing worked. Then I read an article about the secret to looking good all day at the office and the man said UNDERshirt goes into UNDERwear.

THe elastic from the underwear hold that fucker in til the end of the day AND your undershirt is the #1 cause of your other shirt coming untucked. So by tucking my t-shirt into the undies, my button shirt will almost always stay in until I get home from work. It's honestly impressive

My classroom is cold as fuck too so during the winter months and Cole stretches, I just tuck the Tshirt into the long johns. But yeah, it's essentially witchcraft for keeping your shirt tucked in.

Yup. You have definitey have covered all your bases.... er.... ass crack. 

But yeah, like I said.... this is a profession where I agree. You need 100% coverage at all times, haha. Up in front of a class moving your arms and moving around all the time needs an extra level of ass crack protection.

Well done.

The button up can be tucked in, no problem.... not my style, but I get it. I'm more of a "business casual", with the button up untucked and sleeves rolled up 3/4. 🤷‍♂️

If you're school isn't too hardcore about the dress code and can be a bit more casual, it's definitely a look I would consider. It's "cooler" I feel. I am also almost 40, hahaha. 

🤨 I don't think I've ever had a problem with a button-down shirt coming untucked.

If the bottom hem is straight across, it's not supposed to be tucked in. Only tuck a button-down if it tapers up on the sides (or rather, down in the front and back.) Maybe you guys know that but I'm just making sure.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:44 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

shirt stays that clip onto your socks

What! That's crazy, lol

11 hours ago, AirVillain said:

The button up can be tucked in, no problem.... not my style, but I get it. I'm more of a "business casual", with the button up untucked and sleeves rolled up 3/4. 🤷‍♂️

I definitely prefer that for work, even unbuttoned if possible, if I'm going for some special occasion I'll tuck the shirt in and likely wear a tie. And I'm a fuckin' punk so I'm not saying that's often. But like a friend's birthday meal at a nice restaurant and I'm not talking Chili's. But here's the question, button-down or t-shirt... are you wearing a belt? Because there's wrong ways and right ways, and a shirt never looks good tucked in without a belt. There's several other factors, but I'd say that's number one. 

• Like 1

since it’s such a hot topic…I hate tucking in any shirt ever. Think the only time I do is at a wedding, which thankfully after this year, theres only 1 more of those for me to worry about. 

Im definitely the t-shirt and flannel guy in our engineering dept at work

Edited by LeatherRebel5150
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 10:32 PM, Link said:

But here's the question, button-down or t-shirt... are you wearing a belt? Because there's wrong ways and right ways, and a shirt never looks good tucked in without a belt. There's several other factors, but I'd say that's number one. 

Excellent point. Belt is key. 

If you are tucking in a shirt and not wearing a belt then things have taken a seriously sad turn in your life. 

At least our pal at DK is rocking the thick, albeit a little worn, brown leather belt. 

• Haha 1

Belt probably worn on the backs of any employee that actually attempts to refurbish one of the machines wasting company time and money better spent on tiktok videos so their CCP overlords can keep tabs on them for more ways to manipulate easily duped westerners. 😉

• Haha 2