IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Galaxy 5000!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for SPEED!

This week, we are tackling an amazing game with rules that emphasize SPEED!
Gear up, pick your car and show your racing skills!

• Pick any car you want
  • Play till you beat Race 4 (Mars).
  • Highest score + highest money wins.
  • Participation: Beat race 1
  • Genre: Racing

The contest ends Sunday, 06/27/22 at 11 pm EST.  Your user name should be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid. For speed runs that require video, that is not required.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 1

SCORE EDIT - Okay this is an excellent game, but 64 laps is a lot of racing to have to do to get  a single score.  Thank God sanity prevailed and we didn't have to play through the whole game!  Anyway, here's a starter score; hopefully I'll have some time on Sunday to improve on it: 468,000 + 171,800 = 639,800

SCORE EDIT #2 - This is probably it as I've hit the line of diminishing returns after a couple of hours with this game, and it would take a whole week of gaming to get a decent score.  This game is really good though, so I wish I had had time to dedicate to it this week.  Anyway stopped at Mars 1 since my Mars 4 score was lower after being forced to buy the next vehicle: 510,150 + 289,950 = 800,100

G5 2.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've somehow never even heard of this. I figured it was a Famicom game or something.

Its freaking awesome. Pro am on steroids - you will love it. 

Also freaking awesome, Im having bdubs wings and imos pizza for dinner. Dads day is the only one you can double dip like that

Edit: and Ill save you some headache. Beta controls 

Edited by NESfiend

13 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Also freaking awesome, Im having bdubs wings and imos pizza for dinner. Dads day is the only one you can double dip like that

I'll have to give it try, but I need to save my energy for Donkey Kong week. Wings and pizza should always go together whenever possible, but then again, I basically live on wings and pizza.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Wings and pizza should always go together whenever possible, but then again, I basically live on wings and pizza.

But do you ever get them from two different places on the same night? Likely not. That is the magic of fathers day.

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

But do you ever get them from two different places on the same night? Likely not. That is the magic of fathers day.

Actually yes. I typically have wings for lunch and pick up a pizza elsewhere for dinner. Somehow my cholesterol is normal considering I do it 2-3 times a week. That's the magic of being single without any kids!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Danny Sullivan Indy heat is top of the genre imo

i had galaxy at one point but it got cut when I trimmed down the collection 

Edited by docile tapeworm

15 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Danny Sullivan Indy heat is top of the genre imo

Guessing you were using alpha controls. This would never get cut otherwise. I like dannys indy heat, but this on another level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

What's with you cutting great games out of your collection?  First it was Zen: Intergalactic Ninja, and Now Galaxy 5000.  It's like you hate Space but only on a Galactic Scale...

• Haha 1

1,667,700     [1,290,850 + 376,850]     (w/a Scorpion this time)

1,604,400     [1,037,700 + 566,700]     (shoulda 1.7'd, gonna 2.0 {hopefully})

1,542,500     [978,250 + 564,250]     (Initial Goal Complete)

1,474,950     [983,550 + 491,400]     (Pretty close to 1.5 tonight / pretty sure 2.0 is gonna be outta the question.)

1,227,400     [848,550 + 378,850]     (Felt like I kept fallin' out of the zone tonight, but did a little better never-the-less.)

1,182,750       [791,850 + 390,900]     (Opening Night Salvo)

1.667.700.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, PII said:

What's with you cutting great games out of your collection?  First it was Zen: Intergalactic Ninja, and Now Galaxy 5000.  It's like you hate Space but only on a Galactic Scale...

I cut bonks too. Musha, harmful park….

I kept Isolated warrior, Zen’s daddy lol.

I love space……ship shooting games.

Edited by docile tapeworm

9 hours ago, PII said:

NOT A CONTEST PIC HERE.

@NESfiend Just in case you'd be up for a little side competition....  (I jumped for the finish line of Pluto4 and hit it at zero seconds left for a game over.  Other than that I had a good game overall.)

4,587,459.png

With the opening night score you put up, Ill have enough trouble chasing that. If I get there though, Ill keep going. Thats a big if though. 

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Too many beers on the golf course for fathers day yesterday and a last second work project tonight has me two days behind right out the gate. @Bearcat-Doug, send @PIIa bottle or 2 of his favorite bourbon to slow him down a bit.....

Ya know, I hear some people drive their space-ship a little better after a couple...   Anyway, a bottle of 1792 Full Proof would be just Lovely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1