• Fleetwood Mac - "The Chain"
  3. 3. Choose one

• Michael Jackson - "Rock With Me"
    • Billy Joel - "Piano Man"
  4. 4. Choose one

• The Doors - "Touch Me"
    • The Eagles - "Hotel California"

1222, but this wasn't an easy one. 

For the first set, I've not heard of Yes.  I swear, I think DJs/Station Managers from time to time didn't like certain bands so you never heard them on the radio.  I grew up in a small town so you often didn't have stations that competed with each other for a single genre (well, except for Country.)

I think Fleetwood Mac > The Cars, in general.  Not the best FM song, but not the worst, so they took the win.

Group 3 was the toughest.  I think I'd rank MJ a bit higher than Billy Joel in personal preference but this song by Micheal just isn't my favorite.  It's a good one, but not his best.  The Piano Man is classic though. It might be over played, but it's a great song and Billy Joel is an amazing storyteller through his lyrics, so I settled on Billy Joel.

Last,  was an easier one for me with Hotel California.  This is probably the overplayed. song of the 8 but just because we've probably all heard it ad naseum doesn't take away from the fact that it's still an epic song, even if we turn the dial when it's on because it's the 3rd time this week that the Classic Rock station has played it.  Also, I might be a tad biased towards The Eagles.  The Eagles and The Doobie Brothers were my Dad's two favorite bands from his childhood.  Inevitably, his tastes largely wore off on me as well.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, RH said:

For the first set, I've not heard of Yes.  I swear, I think DJs/Station Managers from time to time didn't like certain bands so you never heard them on the radio.  I grew up in a small town so you often didn't have stations that competed with each other for a single genre (well, except for Country.)

You've probably heard "Owner of a Lonely Heart", but that's also the only Yes song I have heard myself.

Administrator · Posted

1 1 2 2.

MJ vs Billy Joel was a little tough, but I went with my gut - I sing Piano Man out of nowhere significantly more often than I do Rock With You.

Fleetwood Mac I'm a bit sad to vote down, but I based my vote on the songs provided rather than the total discography as otherwise it'd be a huge pain. KISS - keep it simple, stupid!

1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

You've probably heard "Owner of a Lonely Heart", but that's also the only Yes song I have heard myself.

Ah, the leads vocals did sound familiar.  I have heard that song but to semi-support my stance about DJs/station managers, I think I first heard it in college, which would have been from the radio near Atlanta, vs. Columbia, SC.

Editorials Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, RH said:

Ah, the leads vocals did sound familiar.  I have heard that song but to semi-support my stance about DJs/station managers, I think I first heard it in college, which would have been from the radio near Atlanta, vs. Columbia, SC.

• Agree 1

Reiterating, I HATE Hotel California. I'm not even a big fan of Touch Me, and there's a bajillion Doors songs I like better. That's how much I hate Hotel California. And I'll fight the whole lot of ya. 😛

Toughest for me was MJ vs BJ I mean, Billy Joel.

Like Fleetwood Mac, but The Chain is eh. Baba was a no-brainer for me. I like Yes, but come on. Baba is peak Who. Also, All Good People gets annoyingly repetitive with the hook.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Sad 1