IGNORED

Has Clash at Demonhead ever been remade?

phart010

I saw that he was charging for stuff, kind of why I didn't link it.  He's using stolen assets he really has no right to be monetizing.  I know it's not the sentiment to push here, but if anyone is deserving of being pirated he's on that list.

• Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

While I'm not personally interested in Clash at Deamonhead, I'm always surprised at how little attention it gets considering it's plugged as a major band in the Scott Pilgrim series. Maybe people just don't realize there's a classic-gaming reference being made there...

-CasualCart

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

While I'm not personally interested in Clash at Deamonhead, I'm always surprised at how little attention it gets considering it's plugged as a major band in the Scott Pilgrim series. Maybe people just don't realize there's a classic-gaming reference being made there...

-CasualCart

I have not personally played it but I watched a guided play through video. It looks very interesting and sophisticated without being overly complex. Although it does need to be polished in some ways. Like the map looks confusing and controls could probably be optimized. Other than that it looks like a great candidate for modern remake.

Maybe a company inti creates could do the remake treatment like they did on blaster master

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

@phart010No need to wait for a remake.  I played thru the original a couple years ago and it has held up.

It’s a quirky action platformer that dabbles with some non linear open world design.  Heck they give you an in game map and mostly tell you where to go, which makes it way more user friendly than most.  Nothing super cryptic or that is going to leave you lost for hours.  I only had to check a guide once (I was suppose to go underwater, which wasn’t totally obv but maybe I missed a hint somewhere.)

It isn’t an all time classic, but it is a solid B-title.  It will take you a bit to beat since there is a lot to explore, but nothing stupidly hard.  Fun game.

• Agree 1

It's not a bad game but the actual action is not really its strong point, and over the past couple decades we've had quite a few "retro"-styled sidescrollers with "Metroidvania" or at least relatively open-ish level and progression design and a goofy sense of humor - stuff that basically scratches a similar itch to Clash at Demonhead but often a bit better. And with the game not being particularly popular or influential there isn't that much of a draw to it outside of it being a little weird.