IGNORED

Titles that 8bit did it better?

Nintegageo

You're ignoring the truth still, whatever.  You take more damage in the US release, there are the checkpoints associated to the last act, things like that to make the game nastier for US markets.  This has been discussed to death going on probably 20 years by now.

As the guy with a Ninja Gaiden III avatar, man the US version is so much better. NG2 is my least favorite NG in part because you have so much health that nothing matters. There's a barrage of bullshit coming at you at all times, and if you get hit by half of it and just keep running, you'll still probably beat the level. NG3 enemies are basically slow, stupid, and predictable so having virtually unlimited health on top of that in the Japanese game makes it way too easy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You're ignoring the truth still, whatever.  You take more damage in the US release, there are the checkpoints associated to the last act, things like that to make the game nastier for US markets.  This has been discussed to death going on probably 20 years by now.

I don't know why I bother, but no, it's simply not true. Yes, you take more damage in the US release of NG3, not true on the other games.

And the checkpoints that send you way back to the start of the final stage if you die against the final boss exists in the Japanese versions as well. It creates a brilliant sense of tension in those fights 😄

Whatever you think you've read must have been a discussion specifically about Ninja Gaiden 3 🙂 I have both EU, NA and JP versions of the first game, JP and US of the second, and third. I've played them a lot. 😛 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sumez said:

I'm confused. What are the "non 8 bit versions" of all of these games?

Some of these games had Arcade versions.

Double Dragon 3 arcade vs NES are very different games.

Also concerning Double Dragon…. depending on which system you are playing on, the game was developed by various companies… Technos and Sega are the best developers for Double Dragon in my opinion…. everything else is crap.

I once made a thread outlining all the various developers for each Double Dragon game for all the various console ports.. don’t remember if this was on VGS or Nintendoage 

On 4/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, DefaultGen said:

As the guy with a Ninja Gaiden III avatar, man the US version is so much better. NG2 is my least favorite NG in part because you have so much health that nothing matters. There's a barrage of bullshit coming at you at all times, and if you get hit by half of it and just keep running, you'll still probably beat the level.

Ninja Gaiden 2 still has the crazy knockback so there's still a good chance of getting knocked into a pit.