IGNORED

SNES (tattoo) Feel free to share thoughts, ideas and your own!!!!

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted
14 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's fan made.  It's based on but not accurately formed of the 4 ovals the SNES logo did use, but it usually was gray or silhouette.  Japan had the 4 button colors for their pad, so someone got cute and mocked it up with the SNES shades of purple.

damn, i was hoping it was a legit thing, i really wanna get a tattoo of something snes, and well, that made perfect sense because yellow fades badly on tattoos.......

I was hoping the purple format would be good........but if it isn't 100% legit then, i really don't want it, although it does mean something, not legit 😆

I talked to someone else and they said the same thing basically btw.  but thanks for clarifying

Administrator · Posted

Just because it's fanmade doesn't mean you can't get a tattoo of it like that if you like it and it works for ya!

Maybe it wasn't the "official" US colors, but the design itself is legit and the colors mean something to you, so why not! 🙂

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
58 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Just because it's fanmade doesn't mean you can't get a tattoo of it like that if you like it and it works for ya!

Maybe it wasn't the "official" US colors, but the design itself is legit and the colors mean something to you, so why not! 🙂

for some reason, I might be on a slight kick of getting tattoos now, nothing crazy like ya know, a mike tyson tattoo or a post malone tattoo lol.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If I was going to get a video game related tattoo, I would want something obscure that 99% of people wouldn't recognize.  So for me, the image above would make for a great tattoo.  And in the event that someone sees it and understands what it means, you probably just made a new friend.  

Then there's me out here with my arm covered in Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If I was going to get a video game related tattoo, I would want something obscure that 99% of people wouldn't recognize.  So for me, the image above would make for a great tattoo.  And in the event that someone sees it and understands what it means, you probably just made a new friend.  

That is true.......I think i might do it, and the purple, as long as it holds would be cool since it is the button setup on the OG NA controller.  I will verify lol, ill take 1 with me when i go 😆.  I wished i could do the super famicom colors, but the yellow didn't hold in the tattoo for my mom, it looks good on that tat, but the yellow really kinda needs to be there for the famicom logo.

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Then there's me out here with my arm covered in Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon.

I had a friend, sadly he died in a car wreck, who had the whole cast of SMW on his legs.  The boo's even glowed in the dark.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

@Jeevan you might want to consider a tattoo like this in flat-black.

Ultimately you should get what speaks to you, but a purple tattoo could end up looking like an oddly-shaped bruise, especially when the lines have aged and blurred over the years. Plus - black is always classy (as far as ink goes).

But I've made questionable tattoo decisions myself, so who am I to judge?

-CasualCart

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, CasualCart said:

@Jeevan you might want to consider a tattoo like this in flat-black.

Ultimately you should get what speaks to you, but a purple tattoo could end up looking like an oddly-shaped bruise, especially when the lines have aged and blurred over the years. Plus - black is always classy (as far as ink goes).

But I've made questionable tattoo decisions myself, so who am I to judge?

-CasualCart

I thought about that too, because it is on the controller 😉  do you have any tats?

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

image.jpeg.b5d4d884bd65ffaef5e028a4d9222363.jpeg

Hey, I personally think that looks pretty awesome.

I've had a few tattoo ideas myself that I've been wanting to get for some time now.

The primary one is the Sheikah eye symbol from Breath of the Wild. That's my favorite game of all time (we'll see how BoTW 2 fares) and it means a ton to me, and I figured this would make for a pretty good tattoo.

185b02a0d7717d0ec8dec4e1b271891b.png

I don't remember where I heard this, but I remember when I first got the idea for this and started reading up on tattoos, one person gave their two cents that when you get an idea for a tattoo, you should sit on it for around 6 months to a year. If, after that period of time, you still think it would be a good idea, go for it. That sounded like pretty solid advice to me, and after multiple years, I still would like to get this tattoo some day. I know there's glow in the dark tattoo ink, and I always thought this would be a very good candidate for that, given the aesthetic of the ancient Sheikah technology in Breath of the Wild, it definitely has a very fluorescent, glow in the dark look to it.

1*sD55GgoPPU9Nqp3BN2ir8A.gif

Other ideas I've had are the green ribbon, which is the international symbol for mental health awareness. Given I'm someone who's been horribly mentally ill for most of his life, this would also be significant to me. Plus green is my favorite color, which helps, haha.

kissclipart-childrens-mental-health-awar

Another one is the words "Human After All". This is obviously the name of a Daft Punk album, but honestly the album itself isn't what's significant to me, which is why I would just get it in a nice looking font rather than the Daft Punk font or anything. I just really like the phrase itself. It just sort of sounds like it's saying, despite everything you've been through, you're still human. I dunno, something about it just resonates with me. If I did get this one, I always thought this would go great with the green ribbon tattoo as well, I always thought I'd like to merge the two somehow. Maybe have the "Human After All" text go through the middle of the green ribbon.

tumblr_p2id48F8N11u7x798o1_1280.jpg

Another one would be (of course, given the fact that I'm a fan of Zelda) a Triforce tattoo. Not just the standard golden triangles though, I've always had a pretty specific vision for this one. I'd want it to look something similar to this:

ii49mfuu3kgx.png?auto=webp&s=63c20ec7028

Minus the black Triforce, I would probably want the Triforce itself to either be integrated with all of the colors surrounding it, or just blank space like this one:

el3n3lq99mh41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

With the words "Courage," Wisdom," and "Power" written in each of the respective triangles of the Triforce, with the red and orange outer colors being most concentrated on the "Power" one, the green and yellow colors being most concentrated around the "Courage" one, and the blue and purple colors being most concentrated around the "Wisdom" one. I've always thought that could make for a really awesome design.

Edit: Actually, this design is nearly perfect for what I'm talking about, this is almost exactly what I had in mind for the Triforce itself, minus the writing.

cc01123e3c1fde9e6437ad583e87ab2a--zelda-

As you can tell, I usually prefer the look of more simple designs for tattoos. Sleeves and stuff look really awesome, but I don't think super intricate designs like that are really for me, most of the ideas I've had are much simpler and less intricate than something like a sleeve. These aren't all of the ideas I've had, but I'd say these are the ones I'm most likely to actually get in the future.

Honestly, the only reason I haven't gotten any of these tattoos yet is due to the fact that I'd like to lose some weight beforehand. As it is, I'm a pretty chunky man (I usually hover around 280-290 pounds) and I wouldn't want any of these to get all distorted or warped once I do start losing a bunch of weight. That's not such a bad thing though, since it gives me plenty of time to ponder these ideas, and put a lot of thought in to whether or not I would definitely want to get these as tattoos in the future, since getting a tattoo isn't something I would take lightly. Any given design needs to look good (subjectively,) be significant to me, and it needs to be something that I think has a good chance to remain significant to me for a good portion of the rest of my life, and all of these designs fall in to that criteria for me.

Edited by ZeldaFreak
  • Like 3

I've considered a Triforce on my left hand. Although I'm right-handed. 

13 hours ago, CasualCart said:

image.jpeg.b5d4d884bd65ffaef5e028a4d9222363.jpeg

I very much approve of this. I have something similar.

I have an Eveready cat on my hip. Not a flat surface, so its hard to photograph. 

Next idea, I've been thinking about hybrid of a compass rose and the chaos arrows.

A1940C62-B30B-4097-A1DA-AA15CDDD975A.jpeg

AE8C873B-7A14-4559-AC80-2A5DB54E3EBA.jpeg

375CAE3E-231D-49E3-9598-3EA46D2E3D13.jpeg

• Like 2