IGNORED

POLL: When will 'Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football' sell out?

RH

When will 'Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football' sell out?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. When will 'Jerry Rice & Nitus' Dog Football' sell out?

• 2022 is the year, baby!
    • 2026-2030
    • 2031 (The 20th Anniversary year!) ...or later.
    • 2100 (I'll be dead before then, but it'll happen)
    • Never! (This game is has a whitehole supply of games!)

Just now, The Count said:

Man, I don't know. I bought mine like five years ago, probably from the same seller. It's still sealed, but I do want to play it, but also I don't have a Wii, so there's that.

Yeah, go to the seller page I linked.  It's the developer.  You can buy a single copy of the game but he also has different listings like "Buy a Signed copy" or "Buy 2, one signed one unsigned", etc.  People on Reddit have peacocked about having shelves lined with these, and others mention having "cases" in their collection.

Here were we are, 11 years after this games release, and you can still get it publisher-direct off of eBay.  It feels like this classic will never sell out.  

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, RH said:

Yeah, go to the seller page I linked.  It's the developer.  You can buy a single copy of the game but he also has different listings like "Buy a Signed copy" or "Buy 2, one signed one unsigned", etc.  People on Reddit have peacocked about having shelves lined with these, and others mention having "cases" in their collection.

Here were we are, 11 years after this games release, and you can still get it publisher-direct off of eBay.  It feels like this classic will never sell out.  

What's the minimum print run for Wii?   If it's 50k or something these won't sell out in our lifetimes.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

What's the minimum print run for Wii?   If it's 50k or something these won't sell out in our lifetimes.

Fair question, and I'd be curious about that as well.  I could see it being that high, but probably not higher.  I think the Switch has a minimal run of 10,000, or so I've heard from places like LRG.  It'd make sense that for former titles that of older systems, that number might have been higher but at the same time, these were burnt to DVD style discs, so making them is cheaper than a Switch title.  Maybe a run could be as low as 10-20k?  Even then, it might take a while to sell.  I think if/when Wii collecting seriously picks up, a game like this could reach "meme" status.  Sure, the game will always be cheap but people might buy it just to buy it and say they own a copy.

31 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I think somebody tried to float this as a rarity at one point, then these auctions came about and destroyed that.

Yeah, see the thing is it could have been.  If the developer hadn't gotten ahold of these and put them on eBay and, somehow, if they ended up in the landfill like often happens for crappy overstock, he could have been right!  I wonder how many of these actually sold back when these would have been available in stores, if they even were sold in stores.

But now, this guy probably has cases stacked to the sealing in his garage and from the look of his feedback, he sells a copy or two a month.  Unless he gets sick of that and just dumps them himself, these will be around a looooooooong time to come.

Administrator · Posted
48 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Has anyone ever opened one of these and played it? 

Also, lol at selling copies signed by the developer.  At first i thought they were going to be signed by Jerry Rice.  I'd buy that for like $10.

I have a disc only one from Gamestop floating around here somewhere.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

Also, lol at selling copies signed by the developer.  At first i thought they were going to be signed by Jerry Rice.  I'd buy that for like $10.

I'd prefer one signed by Nitus... We all know how dogs "sign" things, right! 😂

6 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

I’ve played a bunch of the co-op campaign with my wife. It’s not good but it’s really not that bad. It’s even kind of challenging for a kids game, in part because you don’t really control the dogs you just kind of suggest where they should go.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I saw the case art for this game, it was being used as an avatar (by NintendoTwizer, I think?) and I assumed it was a fake created to poke fun at all the shovelware on Wii.  It was probably a few weeks until I found out it was a real game.

It looks mildly amusing.  I'm pretty sure I've been watching that listing for a few years now.  I never actually bought it though.  I always figured it would show up in a lot I buy some day.

• Like 2