IGNORED

NES 5 Screw Star Force, NES 5 Screw Silent Service

5 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I was told there may be either of these cartridges floating around out there, very interested In adding to my connection! Please contact me, serious buyer, closing In on my complete world NES set(including variants 🥵) 

You may have luck with Silent Service, there are a reasonable amount of those out there, but Star Force is a different story

Edit: by reasonable I mean, more than 3 or 4

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I was told there may be either of these cartridges floating around out there, very interested In adding to my connection! Please contact me, serious buyer, closing In on my complete world NES set(including variants 🥵) 

Good luck, I’ve been after them both for about 10 years!

What are you willing to pay for them, just out of curiosity. 

Edited by MrWunderful

Variant collecting has been pretty cut-throat the last decade or so. Especially when the true rarity of some of these has come to light. 

You could probably find a Star Force in the hands of another variant collector, but you would have to REALLY make it worth their while to get most of them to cough one up. 

Good luck with your quest. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I keep telling ya you need a 5 screw Stadium Events too! 

Also for what its worth, theres a 99.9% chance that Mega Man 6 version was only released in Chile, since they also use NTSC.  I think for Nintendo, the "USA" label realy just meant NTSC, which is why you can find Samsons and Flintstones 2 down there.  Capcom said they were not releasing Mega Man 6 in the US but Nintendo decided to print it for them, which is why the original label uses Capcom artwork.  Also I believe every version has been associated with Playtrontic, and don't have a Nintendo licenced back sticker.  Im not 100% sure on that though as there are like 3 different versions IIRC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Did anyone out there ever own both screw variants of SE?

I mean, the vast majority lucky enough to get either one probably called it good. I can't imagine anyone trying for both.

1 hour ago, bowser said:

But how does an upside down label count as a variant? Theoretically every single NES game could have an upside down label variant floating around.

Well, he's going for "variants," and once you jump down that rabbit hole, there is no end - like ever - for anybody.  I can respect going for a Title-Complete "World Set," but there is literally no such thing as a complete World Set including variants.  That would constitue thousands upon thousands upon thousands of games, just for the US NES alone.  But hey, this guy has a dream.........  🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Did anyone out there ever own both screw variants of SE?

I mean, the vast majority lucky enough to get either one probably called it good. I can't imagine anyone trying for both.

I doubt it.  AFAIK theres only be 2 5 screw versions found.  Its entirely possible theres more as it was released in Sept if 87.  Still in the mix where 3s and 5s were pretty common.

I see I threw around variants too loosely here. I was referring to all the color dream black and blues, all the 5 screws, all the variant labels, and yes there are upside down labels. But not as many as you think! And YES, who knows what else is out there, that’s the best part 🙂  I didn’t know about the color dream cart Chiller for a Very long time and there are carts I have that many people say are 1 of 5 or 1 of 3…. I’ve actually never seen or met anyone who has a Brazilian game I found, looks just like Brush Roller, it’s called Fire Dragon🔥 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I see I threw around variants too loosely here. I was referring to all the color dream black and blues, all the 5 screws, all the variant labels, and yes there are upside down labels. But not as many as you think! And YES, who knows what else is out there, that’s the best part 🙂  I didn’t know about the color dream cart Chiller for a Very long time and there are carts I have that many people say are 1 of 5 or 1 of 3…. I’ve actually never seen or met anyone who has a Brazilian game I found, looks just like Brush Roller, it’s called Fire Dragon🔥 

So how much research are you going to put into finding all these variants, and where do you draw the line?  TMNT II pizza offer vs not, Tiger-Heli shades of gray, Klashball color variance,  MTV Remote Control letter spacing, Ring King Yellow bar vs not, box back screen shot differences (Rad Racer, Tetris, SMB3, and a ton more).  I could go on almost forever before I even hit copyright, screw and TM differences.  I know you're trying to be succinct and just do "major" differences, but that's essentially impossible.  In fact, it's actually really difficult to find a US NES game that doesn't have any variants.  Seriously!  Even just going for a set of loose carts!  I am not joking!!!

If you ever want to complete your set, you need to stop doing any more research right away....  🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam NES Litman said:

I didn’t know about the color dream cart Chiller for a Very long time and there are carts I have that many people say are 1 of 5 or 1 of 3….

Sharedata Chiller. I think there's a dozen or two of those. It's not a Color Dreams game, though it did use their shell.

Don't look into the ACGI Wally Bear, though. I think only two of those have surfaced. You'd have better luck getting a five screw Star Force. 😛

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

It’s very simple and keeps me treasure hunting 🙂 , any NES game or variant I find that I don’t have, I purchase if possible. I did find the Sharedata Chiller but we have not agreed upon #’s. I do love hearing about a variant I’ve not heard of before!!! Looks like I covered everything you said except for Klashball variant colors🤔. Thanks for that!! Looking into 

So that begs the question. The NWC carts. Do either or both count?

The gray wasn't offered to the public, only to the 90 or so Powerfest finalists (and a few event employees that made off with one or two.) All known carts come from them. The barrier was either enough skill to progress to the finals or to be employed by Powerfest where the carts were available to swipe.

The gold NWCs were offered as a giveaway in Nintendo Power, but anyone could participate if they got the entry info out of the magazine.

Edited by Tulpa

On 3/13/2022 at 4:22 PM, guitarzombie said:

Also for what its worth, theres a 99.9% chance that Mega Man 6 version was only released in Chile, since they also use NTSC.  I think for Nintendo, the "USA" label realy just meant NTSC, which is why you can find Samsons and Flintstones 2 down there.  Capcom said they were not releasing Mega Man 6 in the US but Nintendo decided to print it for them, which is why the original label uses Capcom artwork.  Also I believe every version has been associated with Playtrontic, and don't have a Nintendo licenced back sticker.  Im not 100% sure on that though as there are like 3 different versions IIRC.

image.jpg

• Like 1