IGNORED

NES 5 Screw Star Force, NES 5 Screw Silent Service

@Sam NES Litman Ah ok!  Thats cool to see.  Like I said there are a few versions of them.  But i'm still not convinced they were printed here.  You can also make a case that the back may have been backswapped as well, as thats impossible to tell.  Info is still pretty scant on this.  If they were printed here, you'd find plenty more here.  Compare how many more Stadium Events there are to this variant or any other label variant.  Untouchables, Wayne Gretzky, etc.  I wonder how much more common they are in Chile.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 10:35 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

So how much research are you going to put into finding all these variants, and where do you draw the line?  TMNT II pizza offer vs not, Tiger-Heli shades of gray, Klashball color variance,  MTV Remote Control letter spacing, Ring King Yellow bar vs not, box back screen shot differences (Rad Racer, Tetris, SMB3, and a ton more).  I could go on almost forever before I even hit copyright, screw and TM differences.  I know you're trying to be succinct and just do "major" differences, but that's essentially impossible.  In fact, it's actually really difficult to find a US NES game that doesn't have any variants.  Seriously!  Even just going for a set of loose carts!  I am not joking!!!

If you ever want to complete your set, you need to stop doing any more research right away....  🙂

can’t find anything on this Klashball variant 😞

21 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

It's the cartridge, but keep in mind there are tons of variants like this, so if you're going for these, you'll be searching for the rest of your life 😉

622906593_KlashBallVariant.jpg.3c43751877d9ac2b889f0dc57059929c.jpg

I always called that the “marble” variant, because the easiest distinguishing mark is the marble “vein” on the right of top label and bottom left of front. Its overall lighter as well. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

We gotta relax with this guy, else he's gonna go dead broke haha

Either that or he's Elon Musk posting under an assumed name. In which case, he can have my upside down Konami Castlevania for a Tesla Model S. In red, please. And don't skimp on the upgrades.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, Tulpa said:

Either that or he's Elon Musk posting under an assumed name. In which case, he can have my upside down Konami Castlevania for a Tesla Model S. In red, please. And don't skimp on the upgrades.

Make sure you get the charger install for your house included. 

Ahh yes, the NES variant rabbit hole.  In loose Black Box games alone, I have 131 variants and know of at least 3 I'm missing.  For all 5 screws loose, I have 141 label variants - not including 9 factory mismatches & 1 upside down... and I know of 4 I'm missing (SE, MM, Tyson orange bullets) - so at least 145 out there.  It will never end!  Diving Ninja probably has a higher list amount.

I do have an extra Silent Service 5 Screw CIB, Gotcha, Jaws & Super C - all in nice condition - but looking for variant trades.  Would take a fair chunk of change otherwise - not really looking for cash.   The only Star Force I have seen for sale was on eBay six years ago and I couldnt sleep for days until I won it. 

Best of luck - its a fun journey!

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 6:10 AM, guitarzombie said:

FWIW, I was looking at prices on pricecharting (since that seems to be updated) and someone sold a 5 screw Mega Man for 3k?  I saw a gotcha 5 for 2k but a best offer was taken.  WTF is going on here?  WHO is buying these at these prices?!  Might as well just go to TG16 and Neo Geo.

The mega man 5 Screw is hyper rare, I’m surprised it’s not more lol. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:41 AM, _Brink_ said:

Ahh yes, the NES variant rabbit hole.  In loose Black Box games alone, I have 131 variants and know of at least 3 I'm missing.  For all 5 screws loose, I have 141 label variants - not including 9 factory mismatches & 1 upside down... and I know of 4 I'm missing (SE, MM, Tyson orange bullets) - so at least 145 out there.  It will never end!  Diving Ninja probably has a higher list amount.

I do have an extra Silent Service 5 Screw CIB, Gotcha, Jaws & Super C - all in nice condition - but looking for variant trades.  Would take a fair chunk of change otherwise - not really looking for cash.   The only Star Force I have seen for sale was on eBay six years ago and I couldnt sleep for days until I won it. 

Best of luck - its a fun journey!

Definitely interested in the Super C 5

screw 🙂 🙏🏽

23 minutes ago, Sam NES Litman said:

The mega man 5 Screw is hyper rare, I’m surprised it’s not more lol. 

It already was and known to be when I got it.  At the time I paid top dollar for it, which was $500.  Its value has nothing to do with its rarity but its demand and I don't see that many people demanding it for that much.  Variant collecting will always be smaller than the larger regular cart based collecting.  So how is it worth more than every licensed game except SE?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

It already was and known to be when I got it.  At the time I paid top dollar for it, which was $500.  Its value has nothing to do with its rarity but its demand and I don't see that many people demanding it for that much.  Variant collecting will always be smaller than the larger regular cart based collecting.  So how is it worth more than every licensed game except SE?

Yep I understand, it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay! I just love how few there are known, which is why I had to have it lol