IGNORED

New Leaf/Game Factory Cartridge Database for you to enjoy! (Please post your carts if you have any.)

RH

• The title was changed to I'm managing a New Leaf/Game Factory Cartridge Db. Feel free to check out my findings, and contribute if you have leads on undiscovered carts!

Random bump.  There's a Game Factory proto on eBay for $850.  I can't afford that, unless someone wants to work out a trade and drop ship it to me.  Legit, I might be up for that.

Anyway, I followed the item and in 24 hours I got a seller offer for $750, so the price is def negotiable.  I'd really like this for my "museum" but unless I can make a worthwhile sell in the next couple of weeks, it's out of the cards for me.  Here's the post below if you want to check it out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203988861449

• The title was changed to New Leaf/Game Factory Cartridge Database for you to enjoy! (Please post your carts if you have any.)

Wow, it's been since June since my last bump.   This has been an exceptional day!  In total, I've found 6 new carts to day-- 2 Greens, 2 Blues and 2 New Leafs!  A Green and Blue had been posted to eBay recently that I hadn't cataloged and since I like to run a google search when I find something on eBay, I happened to find a couple of uncataloged New Leaf carts and one Green and Blue!

The spreadsheet in the OP has been updated.  Count of known carts is now as follows:

• New Leaf: 8
  • Green Game Factory: 20
  • Blue Game Factory: 16

Once again, statistics seems to show that Blues and Greens are about as common as one another.  Maybe there are fewer blues out there, but by a narrow margin.  There are roughly 4.5 Game Factory carts per New Leaf cartridge known in existence.

• 3 months later...

My list has been significantly updated.  Since October, 9 new Game Factory cartridges have popped up on eBay.

Here's the really, really odd thing, of those 9 cartridges, all but one originated from the St. Andrews location.  The reason why this is odd is because before October 22, I only had cataloged 2 games from this location.  Now, there are 11?!

Most of these have popped up on eBay in the past few months, and though some sellers sell 1-2, they largely seem to be coming from different sellers.

It's like a cache of these were found and distributed.  Did someone see a large lot of these pop up on Facebook or something?  This is getting to be a bit beyond the realm of statistical probability.

• 1 year later...

I have all three carts. 

Both the Green and Blue are blank, but my New Leaf has Terminator 2 on it. I have not seen Terminator 2 on any list of games regarding the Game Factory. 

As far as the abundance of green and blue carts, a large amount, roughly 50+ were found and sold to Retro City Games in Las Vegas. This is were my blue and green came from. I am assuming that this is were most if not all of the recent copies on Ebay have come from.  There were no New Leaf carts in that lot, just blue and green Game Factory Carts. 

20240428_092258.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Collectorwanabe said:

I have all three carts. 

Both the Green and Blue are blank, but my New Leaf has Terminator 2 on it. I have not seen Terminator 2 on any list of games regarding the Game Factory. 

As far as the abundance of green and blue carts, a large amount, roughly 50+ were found and sold to Retro City Games in Las Vegas. This is were my blue and green came from. I am assuming that this is were most if not all of the recent copies on Ebay have come from.  There were no New Leaf carts in that lot, just blue and green Game Factory Carts. 

20240428_092258.jpg

Ah, thanks for that info regarding where the "mass" of these late sales on eBay  came from.  One of the main questions I had was that all of a sudden over the past 2 years or so, almost every single game on the market on eBay has come from the St. Andrews Blockbuster, since you can identify the shop from the game number.  I'm assuming when this experiment ended, someone at St. Andrews must have ended up with the lot of 50 or so, sat on them for ages and then ended up hawking them to a game company.  Jeez, I wish I could have known that before any were sold.  It would have been an info gold mine to have pictures of all of those carts.