IGNORED

Mole's SNES Quest

3rdStrongestMole

Decided to post my local finds and trade scores here to track my journey for the full retail release (maybe others, later) SNES cart set. 

I'm trying to get it all done via brick and mortars and VGS transactions, and so far I only have to own up to recent lot of common sports titles from eBay that has stepped outside of these parameters. 

I have a LONG way to go, but I also have some heavy-ish hitters checked off, from prior collecting,  so we'll see how long this takes.

Also, I keep getting distracted along the way and find myself winding up with all kinds of not-so-cheap random gaming stuff... I need to stay focused. 

Here's the last couple months in a nutshell...

20220207_185133.jpg

20220108_180711.jpg

20220122_141231.jpg

20220130_210216.jpg

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I felt the same when I bagged like 40 issues locally a couple years back for a dollar a piece and shortly after another 30 or so for 100 online which had the first couple years in it and one was damaged but intact.  They’re so fun to read and get when it’s not toxic priced. It’s just another era as they’re like strategy guides as much as a magazine. 

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I felt the same when I bagged like 40 issues locally a couple years back for a dollar a piece and shortly after another 30 or so for 100 online which had the first couple years in it and one was damaged but intact.  They’re so fun to read and get when it’s not toxic priced. It’s just another era as they’re like strategy guides as much as a magazine. 

Exactly. So many things sprinkled through each issue that I completely forgot about, and the advertisements are fantastic

22 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Exactly. So many things sprinkled through each issue that I completely forgot about, and the advertisements are fantastic

Yeah the couple tip areas, the fun art and letters, random articles or technology bits like the issue that covered the Mmc chips etc.  Various years with the comics and other fluff. They largely did a really good job. The game guides were so detailed you felt like you eyeballed the game out back then too which was nice. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Next up aerofighters?  I wish I had snapped that when it was $200 but that already sucked.

GIF by moodman

Yeah. I really screwed up. Years ago it was in a local for 250, and I even posted on NA because i didn't know if it was worth it. Everyone told me to buy it and I didn't listen... So many mistakes by past-me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

Yeah. I really screwed up. Years ago it was in a local for 250, and I even posted on NA because i didn't know if it was worth it. Everyone told me to buy it and I didn't listen... So many mistakes by past-me

Not as bad as what I paid for it though which is why I couldn't tolerate that price I said.  Around 1997-98 I bought at retail the game, sleeve, manual, and the poster for $10.  Having had to lose a lot of games beyond my control in 05, to then want it back around 2010-11 seeing it at $200 it was a disgusting endeavor so I just didn't.  At this rate it's so bad, I'd find myself happy with an indistinguishable exterior copy cat of the game.  Video System won't get a dime, no need to feed a shark more than a house payment. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Once again, no SNES to speak of. But I couldn't pass up this Sega lot with console and two controllers included. 

The kid who grew up with these kept everything in great condition,  all manuals, reg cards, inserts,  etc. included. He also left a couple handwritten codes and stuff on separate pieces of paper. Always love that added touch. 

20230117_160019.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Not a huge take, by any means, but cost 0 dollars! 

My mother-in-law said she found some old games for me, and of course I was immediately interested. She brought out a box with a SNES console,  two controllers,  and these games. 

Only problem was, they smelled like smoke,  so I buried em in baking soda for two days and now they're good as new. 

Can't beat free!

(also checked off 2 more sports titles I needed in my quest)

20230214_130333.jpg

• Like 4

• 8 months later...

While this isn't directly related to my continued SNES game hunt, I finally have a game room that I'm comfortable in and am satisfied with (aside from some small changes).

All console connections are hooked up to one of the TVs and ready to go, and the consoles are in the drawers w/ controllers. I just need to run the cables under the desk and I already have an organized way of doing that which should look clean in the end. There's a slide-out surface (not the black coffee table) under the center desk that's perfect for whatever consoles are in use.

Also,  I have way more SNES that are in drawers that will eventually be put in rows on individual shelves.

The color of the LED lights lining the cieling can be changed, I just picked my favorite color for the first few pics.

20231114_182402.jpg

20231114_182442.jpg

20231114_182502.jpg

20231114_182511.jpg

20231114_182519.jpg

20231114_182604.jpg

20231114_182639.jpg

20231114_182648.jpg

20231114_182744.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

My SNES quest has shifted, and I finally got my hands on something I've been wanting for years but just never pursued.

My buddy picked it up a few months back and sold it to me. 

Has matching serials, and the original receipt!! I thought that was too cool to pass up.

20231201_123731.jpg

20231201_124107.jpg

And got my DK barrel to display it on

20240204_175820.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1