IGNORED

Mole's SNES Quest

3rdStrongestMole

On 2/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I've always wanted a barrel since I was like, 8, just because I loved DKC so much.  Finally, I got an old wine barrel from a budy and slapped a DK logo on it to fulfill my childhood dreams lol

I think the only thing that I would've done differently would be to stain the barrel before putting the logo on.  But that's still one of the cooler things I've seen in someone's collection!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I think the only thing that I would've done differently would be to stain the barrel before putting the logo on.  But that's still one of the cooler things I've seen in someone's collection!

Yes, definitely. I thought about staining it and got lazy.

We were originally going to paint the logo directly on the barrel,  but wanted to test run it first and I think it looks better with the 3-d sort of look like in the game. 

So the good thing about that is I can still remove it and stain it when I have a day off

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, gypsyk1d said:

Just wanted to chime in as well. I love the way you’ve displayed your Donkey Kong SNES! Great collection keep it up.

Thanks! Just gotta stain the barrel but I've been lazy about it now that it's in there.

I'm looking to add more DKC stuff to my collection as well. Just narrowing my focus to games I love.

3 hours ago, T-Pac said:

What a great way to display consoles!

Do you keep them hooked-up like that, too? Or do you have a different method for playing?

[T-Pac]

I have all the cords running from the TVs, behind the shelves, and underneath the desktop. I labeled them all, so all I have to do is grab the console and plug it in without the hassle of messing with the TVs, inputs, etc.

So I can have 3 consoles going simultaneously (which I've had to do before when my nephews visited 😂) without getting tangled up.

I still want to get some of those clear plastic holders for the controllers so they stand upright as well.

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I have all the cords running from the TVs, behind the shelves, and underneath the desktop. I labeled them all, so all I have to do is grab the console and plug it in without the hassle of messing with the TVs, inputs, etc.

So I can have 3 consoles going simultaneously (which I've had to do before when my nephews visited 😂) without getting tangled up.

I still want to get some of those clear plastic holders for the controllers so they stand upright as well.

Aesthetically-pleasing AND functional? This is the way...

[T-Pac]

• Agree 1