IGNORED

Game Debate #86: Metroid Prime

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

It's not that you're playing old games, or even playing old games for the first time 20 years after the fact that's weird about you. Plenty of us do that. We all probably had a small handful of cartridges and made due.

But it's like Reed said, you stick yourself in a bubble and are oblivious to things that are common knowledge. Like saying run 'n gun isn't a genre name. It's been a genre name since the 80s.

That's what you're going to get ribbed on. Either roll with the punches or educate yourself.

As for the smartphones, I dunno, download some free apps and mess around with them. I don't use my smartphone for gaming AT ALL, but I do use it for other things.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Wow! 1

For the record, it's "partake", not "protake", "make do", not "make due", and blue chips are these ↓ 

B5E48B3F-F34A-44C7-8993-70DA724F3D41.jpeg.bcbb7a48fcbe9a3a74bc8e850f6ebecb.jpeg

5 hours ago, Estil said:

I didn't even get to have a subscription to Nintendo Power or anything like that.

Neither did I

5 hours ago, Estil said:

I only finally got my SNES in Christmas 1994

🤷‍♀️ Earlier than me, man. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, cj_robot said:

Back on topic:

Metroid Prime is the mintiest shmup I've ever played. A true blue chip title, if I've ever seen one.

Even better than that other Metroid game on the SNEZZZZZZ

If anything was mintiest how about all those PS1 demo discs that had a gum commercial? 😄 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Amazing game that only plays second fiddle to Super Metroid, in my book. Like most games of its time, the control scheme has been overshadowed by today's design standards for 3D action games but Prime was smartly designed around the control scheme rather than in spite of it, so it still works fine when played today.

Atmosphere, puzzles, combat, graphics, music...all top-notch. People can shout "overrated" all they like but this game has its reputation for a reason. It was fairly unmatched for its time. It was the game that finally made me wake up and buy a Gamecube. Bought it and Eternal Darkness the same day I got the console. What a way to start a journey with a new game system!

9/10...docked 1 point only because of the slightly dated controls and the (rightly) maligned fetch quest near the end of the game.

• 7 months later...