IGNORED

Game Debate #86: Metroid Prime

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite games of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking game. Everyone should play it.
    • 8/10 - Great game. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good game, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy occasionally playing it.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to play.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not a very good game.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible game in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Desert Bus of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your genitals than play this.
    • Never played it, but you're interested.
    • Never played it, never will.

Editorials Team · Posted
23 minutes ago, Estil said:

Such as?

Well you finally discovered ABBA a few years ago, you learned of the Lunar franchise just last year.  You just discovered run n gun was a thing yesterday.

We just gotta keep on helping you fill in all the gaps 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

qi_FCE0KGPOuljs2BoB1YOTC58E=.gif

Oh I've known THAT since I was in HS silly!  I just didn't have regular access to it until college (1999-2003) 😞 

Now me not getting into JRPGs until 2013 just because I "wasn't so sure about the whole turn based thing"...now THAT is worth ribbing me over!!

5 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh I've known THAT since I was in HS silly!  I just didn't have regular access to it until college (1999-2003) 😞 

Now me not getting into JRPGs until 2013 just because I "wasn't so sure about the whole turn based thing"...now THAT is worth ribbing me over!!

Oh, you're a treasure trove of things to rib you over. 😛

21 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh and you're not? 😛 

Oh, trust me. Between the cats, the barely relevant Youtube postings, the game genres you're just now discovering, the fact that you seem to be stuck somewhere between 1975-1995, that most of the things you're clueless on can be remedied with Google ... I don't hold a candle to you. 😛

But then, that's what we love about you. 🙂

Edited by Tulpa

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Oh, trust me. Between the cats, the barely relevant Youtube postings, the game genres you're just now discovering, the fact that you seem to be stuck somewhere between 1975-1995, that most of the things you're clueless on can be remedied with Google ... I don't hold a candle to you. 😛

Well I don't see your YouTube postings being any better!

Awww, that's so sweet 🙂

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Don't forget his warped unique sense of using what's often used in college sports or stocks with games that's cringe worthy calling them blue chip stuff too. 🙂

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

Hey you guys, leave @Estil alone okay! 😠

If it wasn't for him, I would never have developed my appreciation and love for cute little kitty witty cats, such as my ADORABLE Tiddles here:

[CENSORED!!]

That looks like one of those creatures from a Final Fantasy game!😮

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Estil said:

And just what "cringe worthy" games did I call blue chips?

It's the insane use of the terminology that doesn't fit video games in the slightest, never has, never will, you're unique in abusing the term and have for at least a decade.  That's what's cringy.

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

It's the insane use of the terminology that doesn't fit video games in the slightest, never has, never will, you're unique in abusing the term and have for at least a decade.  That's what's cringy.

I still think that's better than the usual "AAA" term as for that to work doesn't there need to also be "AA" and "A"...?

As for "abusing the term" "blue chip"...when did I ever refer to any game as a "blue chip" when it clearly was not (that's what I call the games that the console was most famous for and are generally considered among the best it offered).

Edited by Estil

16 minutes ago, Estil said:

I still think that's better than the usual "AAA" term as for that to work doesn't there need to also be "AA" and "A"...?

As for "abusing the term" "blue chip"...when did I ever refer to any game as a "blue chip" when it clearly was not (that's what I call the games that the console was most famous for and are generally considered among the best it offered).

He means "abusing" the term meaning using the term "blue chips" to refer to games in the first place. Not that you're referring to the wrong games, but that you using that term at all makes you look like a weirdo.

Well, more than usual. I mean, we're all weirdos, but "blue chips"? Really?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tulpa said:

He means "abusing" the term meaning using the term "blue chips" to refer to games in the first place. Not that you're referring to the wrong games, but that you using that term at all makes you look like a weirdo.

Well, more than usual. I mean, we're all weirdos, but "blue chips"? Really?

Exactly, that's why I called it out and said abusing.  It's abusing the intent of the word for whatever reason I can't figure still.  Being edgy?  Different?  SO deep into being a college sports fan anything somehow had to be related to blue chip for being good?  I get that, I see UK fans enough, it gets weird and very needy for attention (and no I don't say go cards either.)

Also agree with you 100% over the shmups thing, it's grating and ridiculous so sure let's go with getting high being a fart sniffer why not.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, Tulpa said:

Listen, that's mainly because I didn't get to experience all that stuff growing up and when it was active.  I had maybe what, half a dozen NES cartridges at most (and I had to rent anything else I wanted to play) and I only finally got my SNES in Christmas 1994...again I had hardly anything else besides the Mario All-Stars/World pack in games.  It wasn't until college I finally had a part time job I could get at least a little spending money (I had one in HS also but I had to save most of that money for my eh, pre-college preparation).  I didn't even get to have a subscription to Nintendo Power or anything like that.

So if I'm stuck "living in the past" it's only because I want so much to experience all that neat stuff I originally missed out on.  Games, baseball cards, heck even history stuff.  And of course there's a whole treasure trove of things like YouTube and the newspapers.com archive among others.

I mean it would be nice, then and now if I was anywhere close to being able to live even middle of the hog...I wish I could just buy the world and immediately have anything my heart desires (or even remotely close).  I CAN'T.  All I can do is make the best of what I do and can have.  I mean the current stuff will still be there whenever I wish to protake in it (for example as I'm typing this I"m working on Final Fantasy 13...I mean whether I'm playing it now or when it first came out in 2010, it's the same game either way is it not?).

And you know how you once said "join the 21st century and get a smartphone"?  Well I got three leftover from my dearly departed wife and her tablet.  Besides the two Simon's Cat games I can only play on the tablet for some reason...please do enlighten me on what it is I can do on a phone and/or tablet that CANNOT be done on a regular desktop.  No really, I would like to be able to make some good use of these if I can.

Edited by Estil