IGNORED

What is your end game? Room, store, museum or world domination?

GPX

End target  

66 members have voted

1. 1. When will you stop?

• Shelf-full
    • Several shelves filled
    • Room-full
    • House-full
    • Warehouse proportions
    • Museum (similar to Warehouse but more rarer stuff)
    • World domination (Guinness levels)
    • Undecided
    • I’ll stop when the partner cracks a hissyfit

My endgame is simple...

1) Have a CAS graded collection that includes my favorite Dragon Quest games, as well as various titles that have kept my interest since my NES playing/collecting days. (Current goal: 25 titles; Ultimate goal: 100 titles)

2) Continue doing this until I either feel like my graded goals are complete or I am finally moving into my own place. Either case, I will add more collectibles in my gaming/collecting room-office hybrid until it feels complete.

Both cases have an unknown conclusion. And I have seen a complete 'main series' Dragon Quest collection. One that includes print variants and foreign releases. So I am keeping that simple.

Plus, I do not own my own place. So I am trying to keep the grading numbers within that range. 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

House full. As long as I can keep finding places to hide the evidence. I'm not planning to pay storage fees to have more stuff outside my house. 

Funny reading this post. I’m in the process of weeding out stuff in a storage unit, that’s overflowing from my house. So my ultimate aim is house-full. I’ve had enough of going back and forth between house and storage unit, getting too old for this sh...shenanigans.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:45 AM, Strange said:

Mostly that little hit of my brain’s reward chemical whenever I get something super cool in my collection, only to then focus on something else so I can feel that brief high again.

Oh... you mean overall? Idk, I think a game room would be cool to have. I just have an appreciation for old video games and hardware. Not sure where my finish line is.

I bet the vast majority of people are In this boat.  Even if a collection is done people will find something else to go after.  I am guilty of this.  I can’t seem to find the last 6 games I need. So I’ve moved on to mega cd games.  I need that dopamine hit. 

When the feeling of being rewarded is no longer there is when people will move on. 

• Like 2

I have to kind of revise my old post with the changes that have happened this year in affordability combined with legal changes.

Unless our finances change, while I won't officially 'quit' because if I find a good deal locally great, but with impending taxes on good sold over $600 in a year I won't have that ability to any longer buy a stash of goodies, keep what I want, sell the rest to get even, close, or a little ahead due to the tax burden.  So THAT is my end game unfortunately.

I'm unofficially semi-done come 2022 because I won't feel comfortable buying $100 let alone $50 items, just won't have the money for it freely.  Once the PP account ends up drained I'd be rightly screwed, so it'll just have to fester and be used when just appropriate or when a NEED arises like my PC finally fails. 😞

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I have to kind of revise my old post with the changes that have happened this year in affordability combined with legal changes.

Unless our finances change, while I won't officially 'quit' because if I find a good deal locally great, but with impending taxes on good sold over $600 in a year I won't have that ability to any longer buy a stash of goodies, keep what I want, sell the rest to get even, close, or a little ahead due to the tax burden.  So THAT is my end game unfortunately.

I'm unofficially semi-done come 2022 because I won't feel comfortable buying $100 let alone $50 items, just won't have the money for it freely.  Once the PP account ends up drained I'd be rightly screwed, so it'll just have to fester and be used when just appropriate or when a NEED arises like my PC finally fails. 😞

I still don’t quite get what this is all about, but I can imagine this will likely lessen full-set collecting. Likely to be hassles reselling doubles and fulfilling tax requirements.

• Like 1