IGNORED

Video Game Vinyl

Deadeye

5 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@acromite53 I was on the fence for Streets of Rage II for a while.  Kind of wish I got it.

Yeah I sometimes hesitate on releases with more than 1 disc because of the price increase. Though for me with SOR 2, I think the whole OST is worth the cost.

Edited by acromite53
  • Thanks 1

I only have two from back when I was actively collecting vinyl:

CBCAC199-E5E9-470B-B50C-8E96D673C3A2.thumb.jpeg.61c6d07c536b6d24e7151f7c1b9278fa.jpeg

D6D1CE60-3484-4BF4-BEB7-BC2A493C8D49.thumb.jpeg.6612d746343de4073d6b1eb32f1c76b4.jpeg

For years I was watching some 90s era SEGA OST compilations on eBay that included tracks from Outrun and Space Harrier and such but I never pulled the trigger on any of them. I kind of regret that.

most of my VGM OST collection is on CD though. Lately I’m not spending any money on VGM OSTs regardless because all of my budget is going to consoles and games 🙂

• Like 2

I have a bunch of video game vinyl.  It's all in the record shelf cabinet right now, but I'll get some out tomorrow to take a picture.  Ones I have off the top of my head:

Policenauts
Sonic Mania
Mother 2
Out Run

I don't know, a bunch more, lol.  I think I've got 10-15 of them in total.

10 hours ago, Deadeye said:

@epiclotus I have been getting into Policenauts since getting the PSIO mod.  However, Policenauts stopped working after a recent firmware update 😆

Lol.  The soundtrack is really great, although I haven't played the game.  I just like stuff related to Kojima, which is why I jumped onboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guests · Posted
On 2/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, TylerBarnes said:

Video Game Vinyl: 

F961068E-F7AA-44FE-8A57-91F3B727DFDE.thumb.jpeg.ed6f77d3c887f7bb2f04512c66c64a6d.jpeg

[trim]

Congrats on the Shantae vinyl! Is that the Limited Run Games purple variant or the red one?

Administrator · Posted

I've considered picking up some vinyls but I'd want a record player so I could listen to them. Problem being the landscape is fuckin confusing; I'd wanna buy a nice one but not spend like a grand, and there are too many options. Anyone have any sort of guidance I could use while looking for a decent record player? I'm just a normie that wants to listen to records.

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've considered picking up some vinyls but I'd want a record player so I could listen to them. Problem being the landscape is fuckin confusing; I'd wanna buy a nice one but not spend like a grand, and there are too many options. Anyone have any sort of guidance I could use while looking for a decent record player? I'm just a normie that wants to listen to records.

I went down this route maybe 7 years ago.  I researched a lot and found a middle ground of a good record player that wasn't crazy expensive.   Audio-Technica AT-LP120.  It has a built in pre-amp.

$300 on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-LP120-USB-Direct-Drive-Professional-USB/dp/B002S1CJ2Q

I paid $215 in 2013 from B&H.

There are a couple things you want to look at.  You want the player to have an adjustable counter weight, otherwise it is a fixed system with too much weight on the vinyls.  A good quality needle.  This player has both. 

The other factors that were important to me:  I wanted a motor based system and not a belt drive.  Belt drives require more maintenance and belt replacements.  I also wanted a built in pre-amp because I didn't want to buy another piece of equipment.  This player had both of those as well.  I did end up getting an external pre-amp about a year ago, after the built in one was having issues.  That required removal of the internal pre-amp and a slight modification, was not hard to do.