IGNORED

Beat every Game Boy game - 2022 - 160/566

Splain

Yogi Bear's Gold Rush   is done.  review.  it impossible to beat with out doing a walk through and less then 1 set of continues ie 6 game default setting.  game play is good however there are areas that is a mandatory hit.  you will never have a full set of hearts as there are only 1 heart ever few levels.  there are two endings to the game.  a best is impossible with out a walk through and 100 continues.   for the casual player the normal ending is the game to shoot for.   here is the ending for normal... Jelly Stone Park is lock up for the winter due to not enough money.

Resized_20220103_122849_449.jpg.22c383d345e3faadbf4020fa24fd6ccf.jpg

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Bucket said:

Lethal Weapon is done. I relied a lot on what Floating Platforms said about this last year.

Glad I could help! I think it would be very annoying to try to beat without that cheese.

5 hours ago, JVOSS said:

there are two endings to the game.  a best is impossible with out a walk through and 100 continues.

I remember having to start from scratch several times going for best ending thanks to all that you mentioned (and that it does not give you unlimited continues). Searching for the secrets was the only fun I had with it. I can't imagine how dull it would be to deal with the levels and the trial and error without that secondary goal.

Wave Race may take a while. I'm stuck on 650 cc on the normal circuit. I just can't yet wrap my head around making multiple sharp turns in a row. There's a course with a couple S curves on top of each other and its the bane of my existence so far. Waiting for something to click in my brain.

Mr. Chin's Gourmet Paradise is done one of my favorite glitches eating hard boiled eggs on bonus stage(tip  locate where the eggs fall then eat one an just stand as they recycle. unlimited eggs, but only until time runs out). not much of a pic for the "end" just a loop back to stage one.  haven't been about to more then 3 loops get to jump happy and the damn flower shows up less each loop.

Edited by JVOSS
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Floating Platforms said:

I remember having to start from scratch several times going for best ending thanks to all that you mentioned (and that it does not give you unlimited continues). Searching for the secrets was the only fun I had with it. I can't imagine how dull it would be to deal with the levels and the trial and error without that secondary goal.

this was the first time to get to the end and was crazy mad when it said i had to get all the stolen safes to keep jelly stone park open.  with only 2 continues and 3 lives per game and only 3 of 5 hearts through out the game put a real damper on the play. The fact each stage had multi stages to do add to the frustration.  i think all in all i have a few hours in play maybe next year ill try for the best ending.

Tetris 2 is done. never played before.. was totally confused as the required to win but after the first 100 games, the concept was found.  Win requirements, beat each level with the fewest drops possible.  not knowing how many drops would keep the best score was difficult, some stages had an allowance of less then 5 drops, while others an allowance of 1 drop. A few hours later and done.
Replay value 1 for the beat the levels.  for the "tetris" aspect maybe 5.

Resized_20220104_111236_7739.jpg.e025a77f6d09ee14ecb6573e1c366812.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JVOSS said:

this was the first time to get to the end and was crazy mad when it said i had to get all the stolen safes to keep jelly stone park open.  with only 2 continues and 3 lives per game and only 3 of 5 hearts through out the game put a real damper on the play. The fact each stage had multi stages to do add to the frustration.  i think all in all i have a few hours in play maybe next year ill try for the best ending.

I would definitely suggest using a guide for the best ending for most people. I had to do a lot of blind jumping and lost a ton of lives searching for the paths that led to the secret areas. That personally kept my attention, but it could easily get very old and annoying very quickly

• Agree 1

I finished Brain Drain on Genius difficulty, the highest difficulty.

Was testing out some carts I'd been meaning to clean and got addicted to this one.  Tough game!

I also beat Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge but no picture.

I'm most of the way through Final Fantasy Legend but I started that in December so it won't count.  😛

The Pocket is pretty awesome.

BAlSyJx.jpg

• Like 4

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I finished Brain Drain on Genius difficulty, the highest difficulty.

Was testing out some carts I'd been meaning to clean and got addicted to this one.  Tough game!

I also beat Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge but no picture.

I'm most of the way through Final Fantasy Legend but I started that in December so it won't count.  😛

The Pocket is pretty awesome.

Brain Drain has eluded a handful of us for a long time now. Great job!

I'm on the fence about the Pocket, a hi-res display is already available for GB, but it might be nice for playing Lynx/GG/etc games on it.

• Like 1

With a score of 661,780, Revenge of the 'Gator is done.

8pyI01om.jpg

Edit: BTW, this game is way better than it has any right to be. I think it's honestly better than some of the NES pinball games.

Also BTW, I don't know if we're counting weird Japanese exclusives, but I beat Nekketsu Koukou Dodge Ball-Bu: Kyōteki! Dodge Senshi no Maki yesterday as well. It's terrible and absolutely busted at times. For everything they got right with Super Dodge Ball on the NES, they got wrong here.

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Like 4

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink Pac-Man is done. This is the third intermission, but I couldn't find any other videos of someone getting the intermission after this one, if there is one.

Uk63Cj6m.jpg

BTW, I got to the third intermission on an abysmal score: about 30,000. I don't think it can get much lower, honestly. I've always been decent at staying alive at Pac-Man, but not at actually getting points.

• Like 5

Blades of Steel is done. I won on the tournament on College difficulty with Toronto.

a7xGrKhm.jpgMYUaLlom.jpgT0KHeVzm.jpg

Yet another game that's way better than it should be. I played Blades of Steel for the beat all the NES games thread earlier this year, and it's a surprisingly solid port. The AI seems more competent, both on your side and the opponent's, and it's not as hard stopping shots from the blue line when you can't see where your goalie is. I only felt robbed once or twice when my goalie decided to pass it to the opposing player right in front of him instead of to someone on my team, but I'll absolutely take that for this era of games.

• Like 4