IGNORED

Over Priced Collector Editions: Horizon Forbidden West Regalla Edition $259.99

Social Team · Posted

Am I part of the problem with these massive pricing for collector's edition of games since I pre-ordered Horizon Forbidden West Regalla Edition $259.99  I mean this specific version is MASSIVELY sought after with it being sold out within hours of them being available.  I'm basically paying $200 for the statue and I wonder if I'll regret this and if I'm just making life worse for the collecting community buy showing the demand for high priced collector's editions that may be WAY over priced.

6479465cv11d.jpg

Forgot to point out that this expensive ass version doesn't even come with a physical game but does include a steel book to hold your non-existing physical copy of the game.

Edited by FireHazard51
  • Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Social Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I used to buy all this shit and then regretted it when I realized how much space it takes up. If you decide to sell later, the value often crashes hard and shipping big items is a pain. Now, I just like the occasional steelbook or artbook. If it doesn't fit in my standard shelf, fuck it.

I'm hoping this is a big statue.  We have space for the display of it but part of me is worried about the value of what I'm purchasing.  Also if I'm buying the statue used I'd want all the other items too and those kinds of things get more expensive when buying CIB CE.  You are right that the statues alone are typically much cheaper than buying new.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'm hoping this is a big statue.  We have space for the display of it but part of me is worried about the value of what I'm purchasing.  Also if I'm buying the statue used I'd want all the other items too and those kinds of things get more expensive when buying CIB CE.  You are right that the statues alone are typically much cheaper than buying new.

If you like it, I think it's totally fine to go for it. I just found that CEs didn't hold value well and I didn't even want the statues. So my mistake was buying stuff I didn't even want.

13 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I used to buy all this shit and then regretted it when I realized how much space it takes up. If you decide to sell later, the value often crashes hard and shipping big items is a pain. Now, I just like the occasional steelbook or artbook. If it doesn't fit in my standard shelf, fuck it.

Yeah you'd soon be forced to stack them on top of each other and then you have thr condition deteriorating as a trade off. The material also keeps being cardboard yet nobody seems to mind too much even though it can only ever be impractical.

We already see numerous examples where these LEs are unwanted long term. Bioshock is a modern games that's sold for $1000s sealed, but no one wants the inconvenient, bulky "limited" edition that you could just get a Best Buy. That LE isn't even that big. Unless it's some crazy limited Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter Edition thing, it's way easier to store and enjoy just a nice original copy of the game.

☠️ Take the limited edition BLACK PILL with me dude... It will cure your sickness... ☠️

It's cheap tat from China! They just fill up the box with junk to make it seem good value, and you look at it maybe ONCE when you first get it, then you shove it all back in the box and leave it in there to rot till the end of time!

Manufacturing landfill, that's basically all it is IMO. You put that statue on a shelf and it's gonna get all dusty and gross after like six months anyway, and then it's just more clutter in your way!

Every additional limited edition video game your purchase is one less reason for a romantic partner to look upon you with respect, sexual arousal and/or dignity.

It doesn't even come with the game.

There you go, that ought to do it! 😊 Cancel that preorder and take your Mrs. out for a night on the town ferchrissakes! 😘

• Agree 1

Social Team · Posted
On 12/20/2021 at 9:17 PM, OptOut said:

☠️ Take the limited edition BLACK PILL with me dude... It will cure your sickness... ☠️

It's cheap tat from China! They just fill up the box with junk to make it seem good value, and you look at it maybe ONCE when you first get it, then you shove it all back in the box and leave it in there to rot till the end of time!

Manufacturing landfill, that's basically all it is IMO. You put that statue on a shelf and it's gonna get all dusty and gross after like six months anyway, and then it's just more clutter in your way!

Every additional limited edition video game your purchase is one less reason for a romantic partner to look upon you with respect, sexual arousal and/or dignity.

It doesn't even come with the game.

There you go, that ought to do it! 😊 Cancel that preorder and take your Mrs. out for a night on the town ferchrissakes! 😘

The statue is actually for her and her room.  She's a big fan of the game/franchise 😅

• Like 1