IGNORED

Heads-up warning: eBay now requiring a Photo ID

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

Here's what I propose. Sign the deeds for VGS over to me! I'm swimming in ID over here, I'll validate whatever and then hand it right back over to ya!

Or rule over VGS as a God-King...

Whichever I feel like at the time I guess! 😅

Infectious Diseases, yeah I think we'd agree with that.  If someone threw a z-pac at you, you'd pop into a cloud of mist.

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

yes, ebay asked me when they moved to their new shitty integrated payment system, which is not integrated, rather just a switch from paypal to payoneer (your country may be using a different company).

i had to provide a photo to payoneer, i tried very hard not to, but their support made it clear - no photo, no account confirmation, no selling on ebay. their website said otherwise (you could manually approve an account without running the photo through the AI system that is managed by an israeli company that basically owns a photo of everybody), but support told me it wasn't possible. they just ignored it when i told them their website said a manual approval was possible. i guess they just say that so that people like me who read TOCs feel reassured.

it's all just a big coincidence that all of this is happening, ehr, after the beginning of 2020 😉 strap on your seatbelt cause this is only the introduction of the beginning of the start of the warm-up lap

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Dude @Gloves your legend for not having an ID. I tried it for a while back in my drunken hobo days but it’s impossible to cash a paycheck without one. 

also are you gonna have to hand out 1099 forms to any of us who make more than $600 from selling on your website?

Lol no we're not handing forms out to anyone or anything like that. Money doesn't change hands between members on the site proper, it's nothing to do with us. We are only providing a method for people to talk to each other.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

it's all just a big coincidence that all of this is happening, ehr, after the beginning of 2020 😉 strap on your seatbelt cause this is only the introduction of the beginning of the start of the warm-up lap

Just wait what's next is states will start requiring people to have a business license to sell on any website. 

Edited by Bonanza125

They try it with me I'll laugh it off.  A few days ago I moved my funds out of Paypal emptying it to a middle man to process payments as a barrier against scum.  Ebay has zero reach at this rate to pull anything as that's blocked, and paypal I removed access as well to all but one thing, which is semi-blocked.  They can rot if they want to keep upping the ante, I'm fine just using my actual card.

What's next, the old Garfield gag about John and proving it's him... 3 forms of ID and a picture of yourself in a zebra suit to be authorized??

• 2 weeks later...