IGNORED

December Video game auction is now Open!

Domuhnator

We are open for bidding! https://goldin.co/buy?view=list&number_of_lots=24&page=1&Category=Video%20Games We have these as well as 400 more video games and related items for you to bid on all with a $100 starting bid!
If anyone has any questions feel free to reach out. Please keep in mind anything you want bid in the extended portion a bid has to be placed by you prior to the last 30 minuets before auction close!

There are a ton of rare/cool items I think you guys are going to like! Here a few cool ones. 

Auction close date is the 8th of December! 

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.38.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.38.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.36.50 PM.png

Edited by Domuhnator

Administrator · Posted

@Domuhnator some constructive criticism if I may for future auctions (if you can't resolve for this already live one): Can you add console/system as a filterable subcategory?

For instance, I couldn't care less about slabbed Atari games and would want to filter them out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

@Domuhnator some constructive criticism if I may for future auctions (if you can't resolve for this already live one): Can you add console/system as a filterable subcategory?

For instance, I couldn't care less about slabbed Atari games and would want to filter them out.

Yes. The categories and sub categories are lacking. They will be better in future auctions but the Dev team has a lot on there plate right now and cant add and more for this auction unfortunately. I already tried. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

I'm joking about laziness obviously, but I do wonder - did they not set you up with a CMS for managing the content? Surely they'd allow for the creation of new categories and subcategories within the CMS rather than requiring a dev to make that update manually in the code somewhere.

@Domuhnator if you need a dev consultant let me know, I'm very expensive and I like money.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ApebitMusic said:

Wow, I didn't know that there was a crazy rare Halloween for the 2600. Super cool. 

Right! Super Super rare. 

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm joking about laziness obviously, but I do wonder - did they not set you up with a CMS for managing the content? Surely they'd allow for the creation of new categories and subcategories within the CMS rather than requiring a dev to make that update manually in the code somewhere.

@Domuhnator if you need a dev consultant let me know, I'm very expensive and I like money.

To be 100% honest I have no idea. Im just going off of what they told me. I have zero experience in the field. I built my PC and can handle hardware fine but website building is out of my wheelhouse. 

so what happened to the other thread 🤔

26 minutes ago, Gloves said:

i think they're a bit better than before. here's what it used to show 🤣

image.png.b27f73aba3b9ec8ff3484f2a9386aa3f.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Domuhnator said:

Just a reminder. Auction ends tonight at 10pm. You have to have a big places PRIOR to 9:30Pm eastern to be able to bid on any lots after 10PM. 

Hi, is there an official reason why Goldin employs this bidding rule?  It seems like this can only hurt the sellers, and not help in any way.  I think during the last GA video game auction, there were reports of items selling for cheaply due to bidders not being able to bid at the end because of this rule.  There's probably something I'm missing here, so just wondering what the reasoning is behind this, thanks! 🙂

1 hour ago, blarky said:

Hi, is there an official reason why Goldin employs this bidding rule?  It seems like this can only hurt the sellers, and not help in any way.  I think during the last GA video game auction, there were reports of items selling for cheaply due to bidders not being able to bid at the end because of this rule.  There's probably something I'm missing here, so just wondering what the reasoning is behind this, thanks! 🙂

It just gets people in and bidding early. Thats just how things have been done. Pretty much what I tell people is if you see something you would buy at that price place a bid. Don't wait till the last minute. If you do that you wont miss much. 

1 hour ago, blarky said:

It's so that ppl who cant follow instructions will get locked out of bidding and then i will win everything

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ApebitMusic said:

ha! Not sure if you're saying that because of my signature.. some of my music was used in his videos! But, I have watche d a lot of his videos. 😛 

Oh that's awesome dude!

Nah, it's because there is a really awesome one of his earlier episodes all about Halloween on 2600!

I think it was like 2010 or maybe even earlier, but even then it was like hundreds of dollars apparently! 😲

11 minutes ago, saiyok said:

how does a auction house that generates as much money as goldin have so much f'ing problems, i dont get it

Because all they CARE about is the fuggin money dude! As far as they're concerned their customers are pigs, munching up slop, they'll get what they're given!

Also, congrats to @Maertens29 on the Sonic dude, PAL MASTER RACE FTW W00TTT!!!!!!  🥳 🤣

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Maertens29 said:

we-did-it-balloons.gif

as a PAL collector, i want to say thank you for using your sealed game influencer status to manipulate the sealed PAL market using your fans... I just hope you're not the next target of a karl jobst video

Edited by saiyok
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 1