IGNORED

December Video game auction is now Open!

Domuhnator

Am I missing something here? As far as I know PAL Mega Drive games were never sealed apart from a Sega sticker on the side of the box. So somebody just sold what is almost certainly a used copy of Sonic (with a crack at the top of the box no less) with a harvested sticker on the side (which you can easily find on Ebay) and sold it for $15,000???

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Xsplicit said:

Am I missing something here? As far as I know PAL Mega Drive games were never sealed apart from a Sega sticker on the side of the box. So somebody just sold what is almost certainly a used copy of Sonic (with a crack at the top of the box no less) with a harvested sticker on the side (which you can easily find on Ebay) and sold it for $15,000???

WATA grading it as sealed means that they GUY-RAN-TEE this isn't just any old used copy with a sticker slapped on it, no sirree Bob, it's a gin-u-wine unopened original sealed copy.

I know nothing about PAL Mega Drive releases or the properties of said sticker, so I dunno how they decide that or whether you should trust them. But that's the claim.

10 hours ago, Xsplicit said:

Under the right light and with experience, it's pretty easy to tell if those SEGA stickers have come off/been reattached. Also, a lot of these came in blisters, which are super easy to tell if they've been tampered with. 

@Maertens29, were you the buyer or seller??

Edited by ExplodedHamster
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ExplodedHamster said:

Under the right light and with experience, it's pretty easy to tell if those SEGA stickers have come off/been reattached. Also, a lot of these came in blisters, which are super easy to tell if they've been tampered with. 

@Maertens29, were you the buyer or seller??

Seller on that one!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Oh man, if you had told me there was a Halloween in the auction I would have actually checked it out! How much did it sell for? I tried searching on the site for both "Halloween" and "Atari" but both showed no results. How do I use the site?

you don't. it's currently even more broken than minus worlds.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Oh man, if you had told me there was a Halloween in the auction I would have actually checked it out! How much did it sell for? I tried searching on the site for both "Halloween" and "Atari" but both showed no results. How do I use the site?

Im *pretty sure* it was ~$3850 after BP

On 12/8/2021 at 11:37 PM, tidaldreams said:

Holy fuck, this is a complete shitshow. I've won items (like I literally got the email saying I won the item) and they keep getting extended.

Im so sorry about the technical issues you had. We are working very hard to fix them This was only the second auction on a brand new platform and as we scale up the auction size from that last one there were some issues that we did not see coming. But we are working round the clock to address them.

As far as your item reach out to info@goldinauctions.com if you have not. It should have reset to the price it was at before the second extended period regardless. 

On 12/9/2021 at 1:25 AM, OptOut said:

Because all they CARE about is the fuggin money dude! As far as they're concerned their customers are pigs, munching up slop, they'll get what they're given!

Also, congrats to @Maertens29 on the Sonic dude, PAL MASTER RACE FTW W00TTT!!!!!!  🥳 🤣

I beg to differ. I care very much about this job and the people who work with me. These issues made me sick to my stomach. I want to bing the best product and experience possible. No one at goldin feels good about the issues we have had. But we are going to improve with every auction and do our best. If you think we're just here to get rich your gravely mistaken. Both Jared and I love this space and this hobby and these people. 

Also I apologize for not checking the forum sooner. I flew out directly after the show for C2E2 Chicago and the convention center has zero service. 

Edited by Domuhnator
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1