IGNORED

Favorite horror movie series (and first runner up)?

Tabonga

For this thread assume something is a series if it has at least three films in it.

My favorite is the Final Destination series - I love the Rube Goldbergish deaths (and red herring ones).  The series wrap up is pretty clever too.

It was a close call since I also like the Sleepaway Camp series - which don't really get enjoyable until you recognize that the pervading aura of really dumb masks a wicked sense of black humor.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I'll go with Return Of The Living Dead 1/2/3

The 1st is a Classic that has just about everything..

the 2nd is an attempt to bring all that to a wider audience (I know, I know; they should have just doubled down, instead.)

the 3rd?  Well, I still haven't seen it yet, but from what I've gathered: Although it is clearly connected, it is completely different from the first two - definitely intriguing.

(4/5/6) I have not seen but would seem to be a different series within the franchise.  I hear they're terrible.

Runner Up: Prolly Evil Dead or Cube

Edited by PII

8 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I gotta go with Night/Dawn/Day of course.  

Ah yes, the original disagreement in Zombie Lore, Night or Return; lol.

8 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

How can you choose 3 if you've never seen it before?!  LOL

I have.  Its ok but that chick is hot is a twisted way.

That's just it, I've been riding on the anticipation of seeing 3 for so long now, its as if I already like it and I like that a different film was made each time.  The first difference between 1 and 2 is mostly in tone and the second difference is going to be a radical departure.  Works a similar way in Evil Dead 1/2/3.

There're a few things I like about "Day" but I want to punch every character 5 times in the face.

Edited by PII

Day is the one I like the least, but honestly I think its just the music.  I know it fits that sunny/beachy vibe at times but eh.  The FX are the best I think i've ever seen in a movie.  

For Return, 1 is great, 2 is forgettable, and 3 is just about the girl really.  The intro to 3 is cool too.

i feel like my personal favorite is Friday the 13th. Jason Voorhees is my fave of the 80s slashers. in particular, 7 (new blood)/8(takes manhattan)/9(goes to hell) would be my pick of the best three consecutive flicks in the series. 

runner-up (and what i would consider the BEST horror series) would be Romero's "living dead" films by a wide margin. 

i also really enjoy the first 3 Saw films and the first 2 Hostel (haven't watched either series past that). 

In a nutshell

NIGHT - Great, Groundbreaking

DAWN - Very Good, Also somewhat Groundbreaking

DAY - Some Incredible Moments but very irritating overall

LAND - I enjoyed this one quite a bit (people seem very divided on this one)

DIARY - Total Snooze Fest

SURVIVAL - Surprisingly Ok