IGNORED

Judge Dredd Pre-Production Box

NeXmetal

Hey all, just wanted to share and get some opinions on this Judge Dredd box I picked up a while back. 

The artwork is different (more zoomed in), and the logos have different placement, as well as the ESRB rating being different (rated T like the other console releases, whereas the retail release of Judge Dredd was rated KA). The back of the box is mostly blank, plain white box instead of a UPC, and the flap code is DMG XX USA. 

I'm pretty sure I know what it's from, for lack of a better way to put it, but I'd love to hear some opinions on it. 

8oadFHR.jpg 

(Hope this imgur works) 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a trade show (likely CES) display box.  As Hybrid pointed out, many have that tear in the back based on some sort of double sided tape to mount it.  I have had a few for the NES pass through my hands and think I still have a Double Dragon 3.

Limbo sold a Wolverine NES box in real nice shape for $300, though I personally have no idea what the "market" is for something like this: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-Nintendo-NES-Prototype-Sample-Box-LJN-NFR-CES-E3-Demo-Display-Rare-/143396435560?hash=item216317f668%3Ag%3A6lkAAOSw4W5djobV&nma=true&si=Ht9P2Y8bKT2ulTbP5Ze8f9%2BV3gc%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm nearly positive I saw a WATA graded empty display box, so factor that in for potential pricing spikes if true.