IGNORED

Guinness WR For Most Consoles Owned Video (posted 6/7)

34 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I think with records it is implied that the record holders are only from among those who registered with the organization.

You have to pay Guinness to show up and it’s apparently an arduous process. The current video game WR guy apparently had Guinness counting games for 8 days, and IIRC The Last Gamer didn’t just call Guinness back to retake the record because of the process itself (but I could be misremembering).

I also think in the age of the internet “real records” like athletics are super easy to find, so Guinness focuses on all this oddball stuff.

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

I think with records it is implied that the record holders are only from among those who registered with the organization. 

Like in athletics, I’m sure there are people out there in the wild that can jump higher, run faster, etc than the world record holders. But the real winners didn’t register so they are not relevant.

As I've said already, I get that.  

I don't think I'm explaining my point properly.  And honestly, I don't really care enough to try so I will just say this.  I don't really consider any Guinness record to be all that relevant or prestigious. So I'm not going to compare to to anything legit like an Olympic record.  That's just how I feel.  

This is not a jab at the record holder herself.  She seems like a great person.  I just don't care about Guinness World Records.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

As I've said already, I get that.  

I don't think I'm explaining my point properly.  And honestly, I don't really care enough to try so I will just say this.  I don't really consider any Guinness record to be all that relevant or prestigious. So I'm not going to compare to to anything legit like an Olympic record.  That's just how I feel.  

This is not a jab at the record holder herself.  She seems like a great person.  I just don't care about Guinness World Records.  

Its just a random company that keeps records people bring to them. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...