IGNORED

Silverspoon Fridays #6: The Office or Parks and Rec?

The Office or Parks and Rec?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The Office or Parks and Rec?

• The Office
    • Parks and Rec

4 minutes ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I didnt even crack a smile.  That clip reassured me that Ive made the right choice in never watching Parks.

Boooo. Although your clip was also funny, but I love both shows so appreciate clips from both. You should embrace both so you can have double the laughs 🙂

• Agree 1

Just now, SilverspoonGaming said:

I wish I could but they try so hard on Parks and just dont tickle my funny bone.

Read a summary of season 1 and start from season 2 and give at least 4 - 5 episodes a go. While you’re watching it don’t compare it to the office or how the office does something better. If you still don’t like it I will concede defeat.

• Agree 1

On 8/25/2021 at 10:46 PM, Aguy said:

Mark. The only context I had to your post was the thread title and I knew exactly who you were talking about. 

Edit: Mark Brendanawicz as played by Paul Schneider. Good actor, bad role.

Oh gosh how did I forget about that guy!  He was a fairly involved character in season 1 now that I recall, that flew right over my head when S2 rolled around 🙂

On 8/26/2021 at 2:08 AM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I wish I could but they try so hard on Parks and just dont tickle my funny bone.

As a newfound P&R fan, I'll just note that clip wasn't that funny to me either lol.  However, the show does grow on you pretty strong if not compared to the office (even S1 wasn't that bad imo).  There are some really great moments on P&R (and some that are a bit forced).  I think the little things with P&R are done brilliantly, similar to another show I really enjoyed - Superstore.

Comparing Office to P&R, I'm finding so far they are pretty head to head and stupidly similar in layout/execution.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:56 AM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I didnt even crack a smile.  That clip reassured me that Ive made the right choice in never watching Parks.

That's a terrible clip to watch if you aren't familiar with the show.  

As you get deeper into the seasons, the jokes require more knowledge of the show and characters to appreciate (which is true of pretty much all comedy TV shows).

16 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

As you get deeper into the seasons, the jokes require more knowledge of the show and characters to appreciate (which is true of pretty much all comedy TV shows).

Yeah very true. I wasn’t trying to convince anyone with it, I just really love that episode haha. 

7 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

Sounds like the requirements to understand Dr Who.