IGNORED

the unholy grail of nes collecting

Nes Freak

well  i didnt see my self ever owning this game.  ive had action 52 since 2008  Full cib less glitchy as in the games that dont work, work correctly on this version i might add.  but i just got cheetah men 2 (special thanks to xjwebb1982)  its just as crappy as the nerd said it was.  1500 exist found in a ware house in 1997.  who ever found these should have just burned them lol.

20210630_223058.thumb.jpg.8fa3c15df52d179398b51601a9bee7bd.jpg

i got this years ago cause again i didnt think id own the real thing  i figured it would be better than nothing lol.  (still new sealed)

20210630_223306.thumb.jpg.765de7c96920fa29b1430f2396d38ecc.jpg

you know, this game could have been good if the programmer that made the game wasn't so bad at making games lol.  yeah its a total rip of TMNT  but still the character design was cool.

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 8

Here's what I find even more fascinating about this series of games.

At some point (pre-internet back in the day) someone bought / obtained one of these turds for the Sega, and it was then bootlegged and sold around Taiwan, Thailand, etc. Really astounds me every time I think about it.

IMG_20210702_003339.jpg

• Like 2

Neat tidbit about these:  Not all of them came with the gold sticker on the back.  How do you tell that it's a Cheetahmen II then, you ask?  The name of the game is silkscreened onto the ROM chips inside, so if you end up with a copy missing its sticker (or see what appears to be an Action 52 loose in the wild), just peer carefully through the clear sticker on the front at the chips and read the top of the ROM to know what you're getting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Now that's scarcity and in great shape, probably since most sane people won't touch it.  Funny enough, the most cool thing about it, other than (depending on who is asked) owning it, that box art.

its only for hardcore collectors thats for sure lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

Neat tidbit about these:  Not all of them came with the gold sticker on the back.  How do you tell that it's a Cheetahmen II then, you ask?  The name of the game is silkscreened onto the ROM chips inside, so if you end up with a copy missing its sticker (or see what appears to be an Action 52 loose in the wild), just peer carefully through the clear sticker on the front at the chips and read the top of the ROM to know what you're getting.

neat!  however ive never seen an action 52 in the wild lol.  the chip layout is also different  theres alot less chips on the board