IGNORED

New Title! What do I need to make my own physical hacks/translations for NES, SNES, and any others?

SilverspoonGaming

I'll find what's on rom hacking dot net, then throw it on a flash kit, maybe not at first (emulators are a nice test bed before wasting effort) but ultimately there.

If you want a real stand alone cart, that's another matter, there's a game or two I'd pay to get assembled since I can't do it myself.  In that case, no idea, partly why I haven't bothered.

I've made a couple of carts myself when I find something on romhacking dot net that I like

There used to be a really prolific maker on NA for SNES carts, who sadly stopped making them
.. Timewalk used to be very popular, though I found their hardware quality to be pretty terrible (I never did get my metroid deluxe copy to work)

gamereproductions dot com is still around from what I can tell.. don't know if they're any good, but they have quite the variety

If GR there in the post above is who I think it is, he's actually a local to here I met like a dozen years ago and a couple times since, but it was in the time before new parts could be used for making these bootlegs and his work was great.  I watched it for a time after and he did source quality parts for GB/GBC releases where translations were applied to english run a Japanese game (like Last Bible 2, Cave Noire, etc.)  Those were well made as I ended up talking to him about those but I guess I flaked, never did order/have time for it.

21 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

Im looking for variety and quality.  Who can you recommend?

honestly theres only two real ways to go about it anymore. Either go to aliexpress and find the one you want or request one be made or spend a little more to get the materials to make one yourself. There is a place to buy programable/flashable boards so there doesn’t need to be any soldering involved. Regardless theres no reason to spend extra money to a middle man on ebay or something anymore. 

So source them directly from china/aliexpress yourself or make them yourself are the best methods 

• The title was changed to New Title! What do I need to make my own physical hacks/translations for NES, SNES, and any others?