IGNORED

Sealed games WITH SLIP covers

Administrator · Posted

I hate em lol. So easy to damage in general, they stand out like a sore thumb on the shelf, and if you get rid of it and then one day wanna sell the game, people are gonna be like "uuuuhhh but the slip caaaase". Reminds me of the stupid damn Japanese PS1 games with their stupid damn cards or whatever that sit outside the case, and people are like "UUUUHHHH THE CAAAARD".

FRICK.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Oh you gotta keep the slipcover. They're a PITA though.

@GlovesI move those obi strips to the inside of the case. If you flatten 'em carefully they slip in alongside the front cover/manual alright.

That's what I do too but I still HATE IT. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hate slip covers in general because all they do is make a game easier to damage (AND unable to fit in box protectors). Same with steelbooks... a case named for a strong metal that's actually easier to damage than a normal plastic case. What a rip off. I wouldn't grade a game without the slip cover personally though, I like complete stuff.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So from what it seems like, the same game sealed one with slip cover and another without wouldn’t be a deterrent for most collectors possibly? ESP if sealed game was sent in for grading without the slip cover? This is sort of what I was thinking myself, however if it wasn’t graded or it was a CIB then I assume people WOULD want this cover if possible?

8 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I guess I'm the only one who actually adores them 😞

Sure they're a pain in the ass, but then again I'm a video game masochist.

Understandable, I do like them too tbh if they’re in super good shape... however, I’d you sent in a sealed game for grading, I ask would you send in with the cover or no? I’m not even sure how these would qualify to be graded? Maybe they don’t accept sealed with sleeve grading? 

18 minutes ago, ConsoleCollector88 said:

Understandable, I do like them too tbh if they’re in super good shape... however, I’d you sent in a sealed game for grading, I ask would you send in with the cover or no? I’m not even sure how these would qualify to be graded? Maybe they don’t accept sealed with sleeve grading? 

Ah, that's a different story.

I don't do much grading at all really, I'm more of the type of guy who either uses sealed games as trade bait, or opens them for research.

If I were in the grading market then I would absolutely send them in as is though. Taking away a single thing from the factory takes away from the originality of the unit. It just isn't complete if something is removed.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I hate slip covers in general because all they do is make a game easier to damage (AND unable to fit in box protectors). Same with steelbooks... a case named for a strong metal that's actually easier to damage than a normal plastic case. What a rip off. I wouldn't grade a game without the slip cover personally though, I like complete stuff.

And, worst of all, most steelbook games ALSO come with slipcovers!!! And, the metal is WAY more slippery than plastic, so they are EVEN MORE likely to slip out and get damaged!!!

Angry Mad GIF by Pokémon

• Like 1
  • Angry 1