IGNORED

What constitutes a "legit" playthrough for classic games?

T-Pac

3 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I want to enjoy the entirety of a game that I otherwise don't have the skill or willingness to tackle on my own.

-CasualCart

Thank you.  Why the hell can't more people just be honest and say this and move on instead of trying to invent a bunch of ridiculous bullshit.

Also I think for most it is more more a lack of willingness to put in the time it takes to actually get good than not possessing the skills (or time) to do it. Unless you have some sort of extreme disability most of this stuff is possible for nearly everyone who is willing to dedicate themselves to it.

Edited by peg
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Edit: Another thought cane to mind. Did everyone care about this back in the day? I remember using codes and stuff all day long to play through games and so did my friends, nobody ever said you didn’t really beat it.

Yes. In my neighborhood, lots of bragging went on about games you had beat and game genie didnt count. Dont get me wrong, I did use game genie to beat games I couldnt otherwise and enjoyed that too. I distinctly remember beating mario 3 w/skywalker code. Buddy and I went nuts because neither of us had seen the ending. When I later beat it legit, I went even more nuts. I also remember hearing about people who could beat Mike Tyson and thinking they walked on water. 

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I don't really have a horse in this race because I don't really care what people do. But...

There is a big difference between "having the time" to hop into quick 20 minute sessions of Breath of the Wild here and there between putting the kids to bed and making their lunches, and sitting down for several hours to focus on getting better at Zelda II via a legitimate playthrough.

I know because I try to manage both.

• Like 2