IGNORED

Same game box diff tab code - SNES cib - pics

Jayleonis

Likely their placement from the die cut master. They probably get printed as a full sheet of 9 or 12 and then cut out as individuals from there. There are always marks on items like this to tell where it was printed, when and also from where exactly in that set it came.

If you look on a USA Cent, you'll see a S, D or P, signifying at which Mint it was struck. One of them is actually denoted by a missing letter but I forget.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

Likely their placement from the die cut master. They probably get printed as a full sheet of 9 or 12 and then cut out as individuals from there. There are always marks on items like this to tell where it was printed, when and also from where exactly in that set it came.

If you look on a USA Cent, you'll see a S, D or P, signifying at which Mint it was struck. One of them is actually denoted by a missing letter but I forget.

It's the P mint except for 2017 pennies

Edited by Hybrid

Pennie isn't even a unit of UK currency. It's pounds and PENCE.

Penny/pennies is a nickname even where the word is more similar to the actual unit. The brown worthless ones are pennies, no matter where you're from... I got a bunch of Taiwanese pennies right here!

78186.jpg.c894e7fb4b0c7a8227d93fafeb675084.jpg

@Code Monkey I suppose you got a problem with dimes, nickles and quarters too! 😛

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Penny/pennies is a nickname even where the word is more similar to the actual unit. The brown worthless ones are pennies, no matter where you're from... I got a bunch of Taiwanese pennies right here!

@Code Monkey I suppose you got a problem with dimes, nickles and quarters too! 😛

I hate to be that guy, but penny would be the singular of pence, and it's even on your coin.

Edit: Though I'm a described linguistics guy, so I actually agree with all that @OptOut said. My Dad always calls the coins in the above picture "pennies" as well, when he visits 😛

Edited by fcgamer
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I hate to be that guy, but penny would be the singular of pence, and it's even on your coin.

Edit: Though I'm a described linguistics guy, so I actually agree with all that @OptOut said. My Dad always calls the coins in the above picture "pennies" as well, when he visits 😛

Weird, I always would have said pence! I guess it doesn't come up that often, lol! Anyway, yeah the point stands!

46 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Weird, I always would have said pence! I guess it doesn't come up that often, lol! Anyway, yeah the point stands!

I'd think most people would use pence as the singular in England, similarly in the States everyone except Code Monkey would use "penny" and "pennies", despite the fact that pence would also be a proper plural. 

It's a funny topic, but stuff like this is why I prefer actual usage to silly, often arbitrary rules developed by long dead stuffy white has-beens.

penny-2016-decimal-british-coin-value-united-kingdom-great-britain.jpg

18 minutes ago, bowser said:

I wonder what the variant collectors think of this. Do these count as variants? 😁

I'm not super familiar with these but me and @ThePhleo have talked about these print codes combined with date codes on the box, manual, and cart mean there are exponential numbers of variants for games that have all of them. There could be dozens or hundreds of Ninja Gaiden variants to collect! It never has to end!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

Not UK, Pennies are British so you have them in Britain and here in Canada. What you have in the USA specifically are Cents.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Not UK, Pennies are British so you have them in Britain and here in Canada. What you have in the USA specifically are Cents.

@OptOut isn't from the States, or living there, so I'm quite confused what you mean when you quote him and say "What you have in the USA specifically are Cents".

I can't confidentiality speak for him, but if OptOut does have such financial ties to the States, I'd reckon he's got much grander sums of cash there than cents.

I'm also quite confused by your post because cent is the unit. Are you referring to one-cent coins specifically, or are you also including five-cent coins, etc in the mix.

Please do enlighten me so that I don't lose sleep here. I find clarity when writing to be very important.

10 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

:V why are we taking this so serious when there’s a perfectly good topic that’s being ignored.

Semantics are boring in an environment where precise language isn’t needed.

I think you're preaching to the choir on this one. I think we'd better ask @Code Monkey for a better explanation.

2 hours ago, fcgamer said:

@OptOut isn't from the States, or living there, so I'm quite confused what you mean when you quote him and say "What you have in the USA specifically are Cents".

I can't confidentiality speak for him, but if OptOut does have such financial ties to the States, I'd reckon he's got much grander sums of cash there than cents.

I'm also quite confused by your post because cent is the unit. Are you referring to one-cent coins specifically, or are you also including five-cent coins, etc in the mix.

Please do enlighten me so that I don't lose sleep here. I find clarity when writing to be very important.

I quoted OptOut for the first part of the reply  but the comment about you have Cents was for the original author, not OptOut.

The Cent refers specifically to the USA single Cent. The 5-Cent coin isn't actually a 5 Cent, it simply represents 5 Cents as far as I know. Same as our Penny, the name conversion is Cent. I didn't mean to go on this much about it, I just thought the person that mentioned the Penny would want to know.

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

Oh I would LOVE to hear what you mean by THAT...

Screenshot_2021-02-18-10-23-26-87.thumb.jpg.a56d4f34920af45796aea24f2ed3f423.jpg

We Got Him GIF

😄

Ha, you're right, I didn't realize until now the link between Britain and the United Kingdom! Also the Penny and the Pence, very interesting. Man, I love learning things like this, maybe I'm the only person that really enjoys being corrected.

13 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I didn't mean to go on this much about it, I just thought the person that mentioned the Penny would want to know.

Lol, @Hybrid is a pretty enthusiastic coin collector dude... I'm pretty sure he knows that a penny is in fact a one cent coin. In fact, regardless of being a coin collector, I'm pretty sure ANYONE with an IQ over 50 is aware of the fact that the USA uses cents and dollars, and that the word penny is a NICKNAME for the one cent piece.

So... how about nickles and dimes then? You got a problem with that nomenclature too?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Lol, @Hybrid is a pretty enthusiastic coin collector dude... I'm pretty sure he knows that a penny is in fact a one cent coin. In fact, regardless of being a coin collector, I'm pretty sure ANYONE with an IQ over 50 is aware of the fact that the USA uses cents and dollars, and that the word penny is a NICKNAME for the one cent piece.

So... how about nickles and dimes then? You got a problem with that nomenclature too?

Well the nickle used to be made of nickle so that's not so bad and a quarter is one quarter of a dollar..........actually I'll just let the posts go back about the box code.

I really think it's just the placement of the box within the master sheet.

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted

Wtf? We're still on about this penny thing?  Knock it off, Code.  You don't need to go around correcting the internets.  Plus you're wrong irregardless.  Take a clue from the authority on the subject: The U.S. Mint.

"The penny, nickel, dime, and quarter are the circulating coins that we use today."

4Y6olG2.jpg

• Like 2