IGNORED

The card market has absolutely exploded!!!

Dumars2001

@tbone3969 ya I just bought a little 10x magnifying glass from hobby lobby. It’s pretty basic. 

@RH it’s all a racket imo. From buying the packs to sending them to grade. I understand your points of the crooked side. Controlling the 10’s is just good business. For me at the end of the day It’s just a fun way to buy a scratch off ticket lol. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@tbone3969 ya I just bought a little 10x magnifying glass from hobby lobby. It’s pretty basic. 

@RH it’s all a racket imo. From buying the packs to sending them to grade. I understand your points of the crooked side. Controlling the 10’s is just good business. For me at the end of the day It’s just a fun way to buy a scratch off ticket lol. 

I get that and there’s no shame in enjoying what you enjoy.  I’m just making  my observations as a casual outsider.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Sometimes they will let small things slide even on a 10. I remember back in the day when mint used to be a perfect card, but PSA started the gem mint thing and then Beckett and SGC made a 9.5 gem mint and 10s pristine. I remember pulling cards straight out of backs even in the early 2000s and getting mostly PSA 8s, a handful of 9s and maybe one 10 out of every 50 cards. 

Ya quality control out of the factories isn’t perfect. You can pull something pack fresh that’s dinged up, certainly off centered cards are common as well.

• 7 months later...