IGNORED

5 screw Mike Tyson Punch Out w/fami adapter

Nesplay

11 hours ago, Nesplay said:

Sorry, I bought this on eBay and I don’t have it yet. It just piqued my curiosity, I’ll get better photos when I have it in hand. 

I'm more curious why you didn't just save the eBay photo to your phone instead of taking a photo of a photo. It's like watching a live stream of another television, it just seems bizarre.

3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I'm more curious why you didn't just save the eBay photo to your phone instead of taking a photo of a photo. It's like watching a live stream of another television, it just seems bizarre.

eBay doesn’t have the save photo option or I definitely would have.

I dunno, something isn't lining up.  I'd have to see better pics when it comes.  I dont know how the back shell can even fit without the plastic on the inside removed.  Also I thought all first print MTPOs don't have their code on there, but then theres this:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/mike-tyson-s-punch-out-wata-70-cart-loose-5-screw-cart-mid-production-nes-nintendo-1987-usa/a/7236-97115.s

7 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I dunno, something isn't lining up.  I'd have to see better pics when it comes.  I dont know how the back shell can even fit without the plastic on the inside removed.  Also I thought all first print MTPOs don't have their code on there, but then theres this:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/video-games/mike-tyson-s-punch-out-wata-70-cart-loose-5-screw-cart-mid-production-nes-nintendo-1987-usa/a/7236-97115.s

I mean... maybe.  But I don't trust WATA's verification.  I'm not saying they aren't knowledgeable in many respects.  They are.  But how could they verify that?

11 minutes ago, RH said:

I mean... maybe.  But I don't trust WATA's verification.  I'm not saying they aren't knowledgeable in many respects.  They are.  But how could they verify that?

Its a really gray area with some 5 screws if they were indeed first prints are refurbs.  Theres one known 5 screw RC Pro Am... yeah its probably a refurb, but when you're in the middle between rare 5 screw and common 3, its hard to tell.  In my research, as limited as that may be, just about EVERY rare 5 screw game has the earliest PRG date code.  My 5 screw Mega Man has a date code of I think the last week of 87, and there are others with an earlier date code (I think 48th week).  Is mine a refurb or true 5 screw?  Who knows.  At LEAST MTPO there are more of, AND labels to help.

Am I the only one that thinks that back label looks fake?  If so, its a good chance that front label is too because it shoudln't have the product ID.  Sorry to the OP for buying this, but worth a shot.  $500 might be the right price to sell it quick thinking the buyer will get a good deal, and still make a good amount of money on it.  I just saw that the one from heritage (ick) went for 1300 last week

Edited by guitarzombie

@guitarzombie  I'll admit it looks fishy, and I'm sure all of you guys paying attention to this cart are more qualified to verify NES carts, but I found it odd that there didn't appear to be a facility stamp on the back label.  However, there's also no stamp on the Heritage cart, so that is consistent, even if they are different labels.

I can't say this one looks fake.  It simply looks barebones, to me.  Does anyone have a photo available of a super-early release 5-screw back?  I mean, test market 5-screw version?  The label is so barebones, it either is fake or, maybe, it just happens to be a refurb in a really, really early case.

Oh interesting.  Mine doesn't have white bullet points but orange, no product ID and security screws, not the flat head screws.  The date code was nov of 87.

EDIT, I should say that they should also be PRG-0.  I believe there is a PRG-1 revision that came later too.

Edited by guitarzombie

Just now, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

PRG: 796 = 9/17/1987
CHR: 795 = 9/26/1987
MMC: 796 = 9/17/1987
CIC: 8739 = week of 9/20/1987

Ah so I guess that Oct date is right!  Maybe I got my info from bootgod, when they estimated first run production as Nov of 87 then.  We should compare all the 5 screw MTPOs and see if theres a running theme with the date codes.  Ill post mine later

2 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Its Nov of 87 but they're not the same because not only is the main PCB a 60 pin PCB, but also printed on the chip is HVC (for famicom) not NES.  When you get it i'd like to see more pics because from those pictures I saw, the label just doesn't look right to me.

Where on the chip do you see hvc?