IGNORED

5 screw Mike Tyson Punch Out w/fami adapter

Nesplay

2 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

This is the Gold famicom PCB.  The PRG chip has HVC and has PT-S-0 on it.  I suppose the famicom MTPO have NES as they are the same as the US NTSC versions?  

Holy_Grails67-465x304.jpg

Also does anyone know what Famicom versions of Black Box games use "NES" chips, instead of HVC?

Something i just realized about this- the chr is the same as mtpo. That implies the tyson graphics are in that chip, even tho the prg doesnt utilize them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

Something i just realized about this- the chr is the same as mtpo. That implies the tyson graphics are in that chip, even tho the prg doesnt utilize them.

Thats a great point.  Also should be relatively easy to do by downloading the rom, splitting the PRG/CHR and comparing the data between the gold/nstc.  Didn't someone once make one of those programs?  😉

Edited by guitarzombie

3 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

Yeah.  It looks like it might have been a rental because it had some etching in the side of the plastic. 

Rental makes sense. I've heard of three screw games with slotted screws (and have a Zanac cart with those), but I haven't seen a five screw security game yet.

Then again, my Zanac was a rental, too.