IGNORED

Any way to determine which Korok seeds are missing/unfound in BOTW?

LeatherRebel5150

So last year I spent a bunch of time using a map online and going around to find all the korok seeds. Then as I grew close to the end I realized I must've marked off some as found but didn't actually find.  So now I'm stuck at 897 seeds. Is there any easy/quick way to find which ones I'm missing? I'd really rather not painstakingly compare my in game map to an online map again.

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't know of any other way.  To make it seem less overwhelming, try focusing on each region one at a time.  Also, do you have the DLC and are you more or less then 200 hours into the game?  If using the DLC and under 200 hours, you can track every place you visited on the map and use it to find areas that you haven't been to before (if any). 

Lastly, the if you didn't already know, the DLC also includes a Korok mask that makes noise any time you are close to a seed.  That can also be helpful.  I only ever made it about half way.  As much as I love the game, I just don't have much desire to continue looking for the rest.  

• Like 3

I absolutely disdain giant, find-it fetch quests WITHOUT at least a checklist.  I get that part of the fun is finding them, but when there are over 25-30, you really need to have some way for people to check if they've missed something.  And that wouldn't be without precedent in Zelda.  It could be a "seed compass" which doesn't make sense if it's a list, but compasses weren't really compasses in old Zelda dungeons.  They just told you where things were.

This isn't apples to apples, but the "compass" could be a list with short descriptive hints.  I don't think that would have made the game any less fun.

5 minutes ago, RH said:

I absolutely disdain giant, find-it fetch quests WITHOUT at least a checklist.  I get that part of the fun is finding them, but when there are over 25-30, you really need to have some way for people to check if they've missed something.  And that wouldn't be without precedent in Zelda.  It could be a "seed compass" which doesn't make sense if it's a list, but compasses weren't really compasses in old Zelda dungeons.  They just told you where things were.

This isn't apples to apples, but the "compass" could be a list with short descriptive hints.  I don't think that would have made the game any less fun.

The Korok mask would be the closest thing to that.  Still not perfect, but at least it's something. 

You would think there would be a way to buy hints from Hetsu.  That would be nice.    

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Lol same. I opened up a map in MS Paint, marked them on my map and hunted them down. When I was all done, I had 897 as well.

I had marked them in Paint with a red dot, so I scoured the Paint map for icons without a red dot, and I found one. I also scoured my in-game map for any icons I never visited, and I found one there too. So I'm literally at 899. 😐

At least the game lets you see where you've collected a seed if you zoom into the map enough. There's an interactive map on a website somewhere (can't remember where, it was pre-covid when I last played BOTW) where you can check-off each seed, Hynox, etc when you find it. It uses cookies to save your info. So I started very carefully going through that map and checking off the seeds. It's just so many, and any game-playing time I have anymore is not going to be spent on that.

Let's make a smartphone app that lets you use the camera to detect what part of the Hyrule map you're viewing, and as you scroll over the entire map, it flags stuff you haven't collected yet.

There are definitely some very serious online communities that are focused on truly 100%ing the game. Including taking all compendium pictures manually, finding every (reachable) treasure chest, getting the amber from every broken-down covered wagon, getting every clothing upgrade, and of course finding every seed. I admit that setting the sensor to detect treasure chests and treasure hunting around Hyrule is a lot of fun, and it takes me to places I hadn't ever seen, even after 2 playthroughs.

i used the interactive map initially to get the ones i do have. The problem with the mask is that it still doesn't help me if I dont know the general area I need to look in. Also the interactive map can't be compared well to Hyrule Castle itself because of the weird 3d map that area has. This sucks I have pretty much everything else except the full master sword upgrade. Even have all the clothing sets fully upgraded

I guess no one needs to be told this, but the korok seeds aren't meant to be a "100%" kinda thing. It's like you come across them and it's fun to uncover them.

I can't imagine anyone having fun hunting down every single one of them, and repeating the same puzzle over and over in the process.

10 bucks Nintendo figured that out, and consciously decided not to leave in a checklist, to avoid encouraging people 😆

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

I guess no one needs to be told this, but the korok seeds aren't meant to be a "100%" kinda thing. It's like you come across them and it's fun to uncover them.

I can't imagine anyone having fun hunting down every single one of them, and repeating the same puzzle over and over in the process.

10 bucks Nintendo figured that out, and consciously decided not to leave in a checklist, to avoid encouraging people 😆

Actually, they are part of the in game completion percentage, so technically, if you want to 100% the game, you need to find them all.  

In fact, there are all sorts of BOTW 100% speedruns online.  World record is under 20 hours which is mind blowing to me.  What's even more insane is that the requirements to get 100% for the purpose of speedrunning goes well beyond what's required to get the 100% in game.  For example, the game doesn't require all armor upgrades to show 100%, but the speedrunning community requires it.  Insane.   

Edited by TDIRunner