IGNORED

Game Wizard Crappy LCD Gameboy Clone. Anyone else collect these?

They're basically like the stuff Tiger did with the R-Zone.  You get a common unit that can drive a segmented LCD game cartridge with its own view window LCD panel.  You slide the LCD panel/game chip board cart into a general unit, and then you can play multiple handhelds on one handheld unit.  Closest I've had to this is the R-Zone I have, would love to get more carts for that ghetto wish it were virtual boy that it is (I have the XPG handheld, not that lame head strap monocle version.)

• Like 1

Tanooki hit the nail on the head with his explanation! The first pic with the white 3in1 system was the first release with all the game code in the system. All the rest came out later and have the game code on the carts them selves, so you can play these on any system (except the first one) I am missing the Mask, Fairy Tale, Goosebumps and bible ones. Maybe I will get them later?

Edited by RpgCollector
  • Like 1

I had a few as a kid, mainly the regular tiger lcd non swappable but in my youth of thrift store shopping definitely picked up the starwars one you posted @RpgCollector

I am pretty sure I re-donated it later, but honestly I can't play these because nostalgia isn't on the good side with them for me and reminds me of harder times my family had growing up.

11 hours ago, drxandy said:

I had a few as a kid, mainly the regular tiger lcd non swappable but in my youth of thrift store shopping definitely picked up the starwars one you posted @RpgCollector

I am pretty sure I re-donated it later, but honestly I can't play these because nostalgia isn't on the good side with them for me and reminds me of harder times my family had growing up.

You're talking about these gems right?  People want to take a knife to the line as entirely garbage, but while some strayed hard, you can find a few that either took extreme liberties but made for a very fun game that still worked, and just some genres on the whole played well to segmented style.  I got these quite a few years ago at a flea market, dumped the football but have the others, got a couple more too.  Rarely used, but they are fun for what they are, just like the R-Zone XPG I have too.

tigerlcds-cv2-krnv-bball-ftball.JPG

• Like 3