IGNORED

Argh new games

a3quit4s

Picked up Modern Warfare on the way home. Came downstairs and set it up to install, because can’t play a game without waiting 1,000 minutes for the install (and I have god damn FIOS gigabit). Took my son upstairs, changed him, put PJs on, fed him, put him to bed, did some cleanup In his room, got a bottle ready for the night shift if needed, and cleaned some more on the lower level of my house. Came back downstairs had to have been at least 30 minutes later and the shit still took another 30 minutes to install. 

C’MON MAN NOW I JUST WANT TO GO TO BED. 

ARGH

Edited by a3quit4s

Administrator · Posted
43 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

This is the last generation of physical media for me. For PS5 and Xbox Two I'm going all digital baby. I'm finally ready.

I went all digital for PS4 and in the end I HATED IT. Looking back on years of games that I bought to play and then didn't like and I'm just fully out of pocket on them sucked ass. Even just getting a tenner for a game I paid full price for would have been nice.

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I went all digital for PS4 and in the end I HATED IT. Looking back on years of games that I bought to play and then didn't like and I'm just fully out of pocket on them sucked ass. Even just getting a tenner for a game I paid full price for would have been nice.

I totally appreciate that line of thinking, but I'm a hoarder with games. Besides trading in ten SNES games to get $100 off a sexy new PlayStation in 1996 (I regret nothing!), I've essentially never sold any games. Hopefully digital will be a release from the bonds of new clutter and make my wife very happy. New old clutter will probably continue as I eventually finish my NES collection and start something new.

I went digital with the Switch and I don't regret it in the slightest. I'm half and half with PS4 though. I have hundreds upon hundreds of physical games and I don't want to clutter my physical collection of retro stuff with non retro. Gotta save that space for more retro stuff.

Edited by Jono1874

For what it’s worth Modern Warfare was worth it. It’s a real shout out to the roots of the series at least for multiplayer. There aren’t people jumping all over with special powers like the f’n X-men in outer space with zombies and lasers and shit. Just fun boots on the ground shooting. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

For what it’s worth Modern Warfare was worth it. It’s a real shout out to the roots of the series at least for multiplayer. There aren’t people jumping all over with special powers like the f’n X-men in outer space with zombies and lasers and shit. Just fun boots on the ground shooting. 

That's great to hear. I was a HUGE COD fan in the 360 days. Played multiplayer religiously from MW2 through Black Ops 2. MW2 is the MVP but BLOPS 2 was so good too. Had no interest in playing Ghosts onward. All the futuristic crap in the later series pushed everyone away. I rolled my eyes at rebooting Modern Warfare, but I'm starting to get more interested in it. I haven't played an online multiplayer game since BLOPS 2. Kinda want to jump back in. Thanks.

Edited by acromite53

2 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

That's great to hear. I was a HUGE COD fan in the 360 days. Played multiplayer religiously from MW2 through Black Ops 2. MW2 is the MVP but BLOPS 2 was so good too. Had no interest in playing Ghosts onward. All the futuristic crap in the later series pushed everyone away. I rolled my eyes at rebooting Modern Warfare, but I'm starting to get more interested in it. I haven't played an online multiplayer game since BLOPS 2. Kinda want to jump back in. Thanks.

Yup you and me have the same taste in shooters, you’ll like it. If you have some games in your backlog, wait till Black Friday to pick this up it’ll probably price drop a good $20. Or if you prime or GCU with Best Buy pick it up

So far all I’ve played is team death match and it has MW2 vibes all day